Dead people commending your weight loss

Options
tat2dmrsgrimm
tat2dmrsgrimm Posts: 226 Member
Last night I had the weirdest dream. I was walking with my grandmother who has been dead two years. We were just walking and chatting about random things. Then I told her, "Nan, I have lost 45 pounds. I still need to lose at least 50, I have SO far to go!"

She said to me, "You look wonderful. You have come so far. I am proud of you. I know you will get there."

And then my alarm clock went off. *sigh*

Replies

• Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    story of my life.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    That is awesome : ) I love love love seeing my dead family in my dreams, I feel like they loved me enough to visit with me for a few minutes.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I was told that's really what's happening when you see them in your dreams! Awwww. I'm gonna cry now.
  • Cdn_Dot
    Cdn_Dot Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    One night after my Grandmother died, she came back in my dream and told me she was alright now. Unfortunately I wound up waking up with the flu and couldn't chat more.
  • wavdawg4
    wavdawg4 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I was told that's really what's happening when you see them in your dreams! Awwww. I'm gonna cry now.

I heard that when i was little.. and OP that is an awesome dream to have :)
  • scruffykaz
    scruffykaz Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    What a lovely dream.

I had a weird one the night before last. I dreamt that I wandered into the kitchen and came face to face with a badger!! I then had to wrestle said badger to remove it from the kitchen. I was (for some reason) trying to keep it secret from hubby.....oh and my 3 cats were dancing round the kitchen cheering me on!!
  • tat2dmrsgrimm
    tat2dmrsgrimm Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    What a lovely dream.

I had a weird one the night before last. I dreamt that I wandered into the kitchen and came face to face with a badger!! I then had to wrestle said badger to remove it from the kitchen. I was (for some reason) trying to keep it secret from hubby.....oh and my 3 cats were dancing round the kitchen cheering me on!!

That is crazy. If I was wrestling a badger, it would probably to protect my idiot 15 lb Boston Terrier from trying to fight with it herself. She is an incredible ratter and also kicks some serious giant mutant southern mole butt. Not sure she could handle a badger though... She would try.(Seriously, the moles in Arkansas are like 4 times bigger than any I ever saw while living in Ohio)
  • Litlbeast
    Litlbeast Posts: 340 Member
    Options

Your ticker is so darn cute. It's like the dog's guilting you into doing the right thing, lol...
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options

Your ticker is so darn cute. It's like the dog's guilting you into doing the right thing, lol...

She was one of my last foster dogs. Cutest freaking personality ever!

I wish my grandfather would visit me. He was going to pay me to lose 100 lbs and keep it off for a year. He died before I was able to do it.
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I believe in the after life, and that we all go somewhere, either we rest, or we wonder around, and so-we get visited from time to time,
    I think because you were very close to your grandmother, and you really looked up to her, because more than anyone else she was always there for you to talk to, especially when things got hard, she felt the need to walk with you in your dream, and confirm your being on the right path, seing that your family history with health and all....she really wanted you to know, you were going to be ok, and you have the strength and will to fight this, and you will make it. She is on this journey with you, and you are not alone, you have her strength. :flowerforyou: shes right by your side, and she has never left you.

She really loves you.:cry:
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    I think they are all looking down on us, and proud of us. I know my Dad is. He knew his kids, all three of them had food issues. But looking down, he knows now, and hes proud of the fact that I've stop beating myself with food. :smile: Now to get the message thru to my siblings, so they can address some food issues too. Somehow send them some kind of message, maybe in a dream... and help them to stop beating themselves up too. I think they can see us. And they are really proud. :smile: Maybe that was the message of the dream.