Anyone else doing 30 day shred or about to start?

Options
I started 30 day shred last night...i have to admit it was much harder than i thought it was going to be!! but i pushed myself through to the end of the 20 min workout and i was proud of my self for actually finishing it! I dont think i have ever really finished a whole workout of any dvd..but im determined and i cant wait to see my results at the end of the 30days :) Has anyone else started 30ds in the past few days or going to start? tell me what you think about it....and we can all check back in here when we finish to show off our results :) if anyone has already done it..tips? your story? before and after pics? i could use the motivation!!

Replies

• Meribeth928
    Options
    I have been doing it for about 4 weeks now...it gets easier. Just keep pushing and don't move to level 2 til you are ready. Even though it says 30 days go at a pace that works for you. I am starting level 2 next week. Good luck on your journey.
  • meljeanbrown
    meljeanbrown Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I got bored of doing the same thing over and over. I only burned about 250 calories too. I gave up and started the NROLFW instead.
  • aamckay9
    Options
    I just started today. yay! I'm excited to see what it does for me!
  • 05HeatherLouise05
    05HeatherLouise05 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I am on Day 6 now, this is the furtherest I've gotten with this workout so far. I've started it a few times but haven't actually finished the whole 30 days yet, I'm hoping that this time I will. I've tried all 3 of the workouts, and I have to say, I hate level 1, level 2 is my favourite, SO can't wait to start that in another 4 days :D
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    Level One Session Two here.

The one problem I have is that one set of dumbells is not enough because some exercises I need more weight than others but I don't have time to adjust the weights and keep up with the routine - looking into buying a second set of dumbells!
  • CB624
    CB624 Posts: 6
    Options
    I am starting the 30 day shred tonight! Hoping to see some results!
  • sandobr1
    sandobr1 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday, hard for me as I would rather be doing something else. I am going to try to stick with it, morning will be better as it gives me the rest of the day to move and not become sore. I cannot do the butt kicks, I do high marching steps for those with brisk arm movements for now. Also The push-ups are very challenging i am doing what I can and hope to improve as time goes on.

My legs are very sore in a good way, also I need to go get some weights, cannot find mine it will be easier to get new. I used bananas lol!
  • tiffanyneedstolose
    tiffanyneedstolose Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday as well.. Tends to be difficult for me since my 9 month old attacks me when ever I'm on the floor so I need to do it during her naps but also I'm really out of shape so it busted my butt!
  • sarahisme18
    sarahisme18 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I just started last night! Did day 2 today. Felt really good, and I could already tell I had just a little more endurance the second time around. :)
  • Richa_S
    Richa_S Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I would be starting it today!
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I started on 1st October, I even joined a group. I did 1 day & I haven't done it again. Not because I don't want to.

I just have to find a good time of the day to do (probably early which I struggle with).

I can't wait until I do the whole 30 days & see the results. Good luck
  • tray71
    tray71 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I have never heard of it till now. So I think I have signed up and tomorrow at 10am I will start..... Is that correct do you just log on and someone will tell me what to do? Is this a free site or will I get charged?
    Thanks Tracey
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    I am on day 14. I got bored with level one after 7 days and went to level 2 a bit early. I previewed level 3 today and am looking forward to getting to that level. I struggled the first couple of days but it does get easier! Keep it up, we can do this!!!!
  • AnjaZ89
    AnjaZ89 Posts: 235
    Options
    im on day 4 and i have to say that the 2 firts days were the hardest (well till now haha). actually todayi got really excited to get out my weights and meet jillian :D
    i have a set of 3lb and another of 5lb. today i switched only once to the 3lb, the first 2 days i switched like 4-5 times.
    hope it gets even better :)
    i really like it, i also looked into befit in 90 but it seemed kind of boring and people say it burns A LOT less calories.

oh btw i havent done any sports in 5 years and im doing this horror trip to me :D
  • EgyptianMushroom
    EgyptianMushroom Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I don't own this one from JM, but I do have Ripped in 30 and a hand full of other DVDs she made. I lost mostly inches from RI30, but it has some good variety. Floor cardio still kills me. :grumble:
  • someonelikemyself
    Options
    Ive been doing it for a while now but not daily!! i actually don't force myself to do it and that's why i do it every now and then i see it as something fun to do! that really helps. I try to walk some days and other days do the 30 day shred to keep things interesting. The first time i did level one i found it rlly difficult, but then I get used to it so don't worry!! i just finished level 2 (this is my first day) it was kind of hard but that's great! because you know that's how you get results. ALWAYS remember if you're in your comfort zone you can't be making that much progress ;) GOODLUCK!
  • SorchaRavenlock
    SorchaRavenlock Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday, it was very hard even with the modified versions and I'm so sore now!
    I plan on doing it 4 days a week with rest days in between to give my muscles a chance to recover. it might take longer that way, but that doesn't really matter to me. Good luck!
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I started this morning then got my son to take pictures. We are going to take progress pictures every ten days. I enjoyed it and it is only for 20 minutes. My arms feel like jelly.:wink:
  • chapelprincess
    chapelprincess Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I started on Oct 1, so I'll be doing L1D6 today. There is a group on here you should join! I'm loving it! It's a fast 25 minutes. By the time you are really starting to die, it's over! I was extremely sore in my legs for a few days, but as soon as I started the workout the pain went away. It came back, lol, but at least I pushed through. I started doing a 10-15 post workout stretching yoga session and it has really helped with the soreness. Good luck!
  • Ramoth48
    Ramoth48 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I have never heard of it till now. So I think I have signed up and tomorrow at 10am I will start..... Is that correct do you just log on and someone will tell me what to do? Is this a free site or will I get charged?
    Thanks Tracey
    No. You need to buy the dvd, or go to you-tube and type in Jillian Michels - 30 day shred, it will give you all 3 levels to watch/ do, they are there individually and one has all 3 together, just check the run times 28 mins for 1 level and 1:23 for all 3. Hope this helps and good luck