3-2-1 Dessert!

Options
So my mom's friend is a huge health nut, and gave me an awesome dessert recipe... best part- only 50 calories! Take a box of angel food cake mix, and a box of any other type of cake mix that you like- mix them together in a container that can be resealed (because you will have lots of left overs). Take 3 tablespoons of the mix and put it in a mug (not greased or anything), then add 2 tablespoons of water, and microwave it for 1 minute (hence the name 3-2-1). This should make a yummy little treat when you're having huge cravings!

Replies

• fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    no egg white? I know even with any cake or angel food cake you need to use egg white. I know why you don't grease the cup or use oil when you use angel food cake mix because it wont rise. But I would think you would need some egg white to bind it.

Have you personally made this with good results?
  • adwilkins0521
    adwilkins0521 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    ^ raises a good point. Need more info before trying. :-/
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Have done similar dessert w trader joes guilt free brownie mix and some vanilla yogurt, actually think i need that chocolate fix right now!
  • ggtojuju
    ggtojuju Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    bump
  • stephaniern21
    Options
    I have not tried it yet- but am planning on doing so tonight. My mom's friend eats it all the time and loves it- and another family friend who she told also tried it and loved it with chocolate devils food. You don't need any egg whites- the blend of the angel food cake (whatever it is made of) with another type of cake compensates for the other ingredients that are usually needed.
  • iluvco3
    iluvco3 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Absolutely works just with the water. Only thing...I have never had 3T. Of the mix be 50 calories. It's always more than that.
  • stephaniern21
    Options
    She uses sugar free which I forgot to add- sorry! Maybe that's what makes hers 50 calories? I don't use sugar free items though because I am against artificial sweeteners... I can't see it adding that many more calories though...
  • 30Purple
    30Purple Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Post pics please!
    I have not tried it yet- but am planning on doing so tonight. My mom's friend eats it all the time and loves it- and another family friend who she told also tried it and loved it with chocolate devils food. You don't need any egg whites- the blend of the angel food cake (whatever it is made of) with another type of cake compensates for the other ingredients that are usually needed.
  • tbruegg
    tbruegg Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Will definitely try this.......I'm a dessert person
  • sherryjohnson2012
    sherryjohnson2012 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    sounds fun, I'd add some fresh berries and maybe a dallop of whipped cream :)
  • kareinlib
    Options
    wah I'm going to try this as soon as I go to the store and get some cake mix!
  • Brengild
    Brengild Posts: 127
    Options
    I have made this before and it is delish! I came up with about 81 cals. Have had it plain or with a little fruit of whip cream. Its low cal, plus there isnt a big cake sitting around tempting you!
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    bump
  • stephaniern21
    Options
    Omgoodness the whipped cream and berries sound like amazing adds- Great idea!
  • adwilkins0521
    adwilkins0521 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Ok. I'm convinced. :-)
  • stephaniern21
    Options
    So I took some pictures tonight of these little cakes but have no idea how to post them.. if someone can let me know I will totally give you guys a preview :-)
  • tbruegg
    tbruegg Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Just made this with sugar free chocolate cake mix and it was great!!!!!! I mixed 2 tablespoons fat free cool whip with 1 tablespoon of PB2 peanut butter for a topping and honestly all I needed was the cool whip......