Any Night Shift Workers Out There?

Hi all, i'm pretty new and (hopefully) on track to lose some weight. My new job is great--i'm on my feet the whole time running and stocking shelves, standing at the register, etc (grocery store) but have just been put on the 4am-11am shift. I'm worried I will over eat when switching the schedule--especially since i'm looking for a full time career outside of the food service industry so I'll probably be changing my schedule from day to day.

Any suggestions, advice, etc? Thanks! OH and feel free to add me :)

Replies

• My husband does night shift, he takes tuna, or chicken, a protein bar or two. He just adjusts what he eats, and takes. Drinks only water, maybe a powerade every once and a while. Sunflower seeds are a good snack as well.
  • NurseAshoRN
    NurseAshoRN Posts: 68 Member
    I'm a night shift nurse and I bring a lot with me for a 12 hours shift...usually tuna, protein bar, fruit, low fat string cheese, cottage cheese, ect. I also drink a lot of coffee and water....I feel like I'm eating a lot but then I go home and sleep for 8-10 hours.
  • paul7799
    paul7799 Posts: 98 Member
    I am. Well, evenings anyway.
  • Boingo1
    Boingo1 Posts: 205 Member
    I work 12 hour nights. I'm an RN. I also bring tons of snacks and food with me. Higher protein things are great. I love the Pure Protein Bars. They are chocolate and taste yummy, AND fill me up.
  • Thanks all--I'll try to up the protein an just log everything to stay on track . . . hopefully.
  • kimberliiw
    kimberliiw Posts: 242 Member
    I work in the medical field 4 am to 1230. I take my break around 9:30 and eat breakfast, then eat lunch when I get home. Since I can't snack at work and I sleep 2 hours in the afternoon my snacking has decreased a lot.