Zumba

Options
I have been thinking about buying Zumba for my XBOX but I want to hear some opinions before I spend the money. Do you love it or hate it? Why?

Replies

• obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Don't have the xbox version, but I use the DVDs. It was the first thing I did cardio wise and I think it was a really good thing to start on. I still do it if I want to do some medium intensity cardio (versus something like tapout xt).
  • jordanlell
    jordanlell Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I'm not super familiar with the XBox version, but I did both dvds and a class, and I would say that the main thing would be to make sure that there's a good variety of routines. When I was doing to dvds, I got bored after a while because it was the same thing every time. I LOVED the class that I took though, because there was much more variety, and it's actually a lot of fun doing it with other people.
  • 2S_1R
    2S_1R Posts: 171
    Options
    Nikki, never can you go wrong with some Zumba classes on a game system. They are fun!
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I don't think I have the courage to do it in a classroom setting yet. I don't even want to do it in front of my kids. But I need something that isn't so boring like my elliptical.
  • 2S_1R
    2S_1R Posts: 171
    Options
    Play it WITH your kids. They won't even be paying attention to you.
  • ladynami
    Options
    Hi i go to a Zumba class every Wednesday it's a great cardio workout..it gets you sweating
  • MissChile007
    MissChile007 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi!!

I have Zumba Fitness and Zumba Fitness Rush. I recommend u the 2nd one. The first one is not really good because the game doesn't recognize your movements well. But the 2dn one...Zumba Fitness Rush is awesome!!! The kinect recognize ur movements really well and the songs are great. You can choose between short, mid or full classes (1 hour), and low or high intensity. I sweat like a pig and I burn between 350 - 450 calories in a full class (1 hour - low intensity) . I bought a HRM, Polar FT7 a couple of months ago and I know exactly how many calories I burn every time I workout dancing Zumba. I really recommend u the Zumba Fitness rush. It's fun and you don't even realize that you have worked out an hour. I hope my review helped a little bit.

PS: English is my second language. I apologize if I made a mistake.
  • Pcrossley14
    Pcrossley14 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I got the Zumba 2 for the Wii couple of weeks ago, and I absolutely love it. I have been doing the zumba dvds for a while, but I had never done the game. I highly recommend the game!!!
  • HMToomey
    HMToomey Posts: 276
    Options
    I don't think I have the courage to do it in a classroom setting yet. I don't even want to do it in front of my kids. But I need something that isn't so boring like my elliptical.

I'm a nanny, I used to Zumba with the kids when they were 3 and 4. Just make sure there is lots of space so no little ones get under your toes. Look on sites like half.com or amazon for the game. After a few months at home I ventured out to take classes. If you go to class in community centers the first class is typically free, I encourage going to as many free classes as you can find when you start out until you find an instructor you LOVE and who pushes you further then you think you can go! In class you see better how the moves are done and you have a live person you can talk to after class about how to do certain things!

Either way I hope you have a lot of fun!!!
  • ruthmiriam
    ruthmiriam Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Zumba Fitness Rush on the Xbox Kinect is what got me started with my entire lifestyle change. I bought it for myself, and started doing it a little bit and I LOVED it, so I did a bit more and a bit more until I was doing Zumba almost every single day of the week. Now I have branched out into other cardio and strength training, and I've taken live Zumba classes, but I still do the Zumba game at least 2 times per week. I've built up to doing the high intensity full length classes (about 70 minutes long), and they are just as hard--or even harder--than the live class.

I have a blog about my lifestyle changes, and if you go back to the early posts a lot of them are about using the game for weight loss: http://zumbamybuttoff.wordpress.com
  • Nikki31104
    Options
    Hi!!

I have Zumba Fitness and Zumba Fitness Rush. I recommend u the 2nd one. The first one is not really good because the game doesn't recognize your movements well. But the 2dn one...Zumba Fitness Rush is awesome!!! The kinect recognize ur movements really well and the songs are great. You can choose between short, mid or full classes (1 hour), and low or high intensity. I sweat like a pig and I burn between 350 - 450 calories in a full class (1 hour - low intensity) . I bought a HRM, Polar FT7 a couple of months ago and I know exactly how many calories I burn every time I workout dancing Zumba. I really recommend u the Zumba Fitness rush. It's fun and you don't even realize that you have worked out an hour. I hope my review helped a little bit.

PS: English is my second language. I apologize if I made a mistake.

Thanks for the info. I was looking online last night and I wasn't sure which game to get. Now I will get the Zumba Rush game. I am excited. I have lost 13 pounds so far but I need to start building muscle...and get off my lazy butt.
    P.S. Your English is great! My sister in law is from Romania. She always tells me to correct her if she makes a mistake so she can learn.
  • Nikki31104
    Options
    Zumba Fitness Rush on the Xbox Kinect is what got me started with my entire lifestyle change. I bought it for myself, and started doing it a little bit and I LOVED it, so I did a bit more and a bit more until I was doing Zumba almost every single day of the week. Now I have branched out into other cardio and strength training, and I've taken live Zumba classes, but I still do the Zumba game at least 2 times per week. I've built up to doing the high intensity full length classes (about 70 minutes long), and they are just as hard--or even harder--than the live class.

I have a blog about my lifestyle changes, and if you go back to the early posts a lot of them are about using the game for weight loss: http://zumbamybuttoff.wordpress.com

I will definitely check out your earlier post. I have been fighting with myself for a year on whether or not to buy the game. I didn't want to spend all that money if it didn't work.
  • Nikki31104
    Options

I'm a nanny, I used to Zumba with the kids when they were 3 and 4. Just make sure there is lots of space so no little ones get under your toes. Look on sites like half.com or amazon for the game. After a few months at home I ventured out to take classes. If you go to class in community centers the first class is typically free, I encourage going to as many free classes as you can find when you start out until you find an instructor you LOVE and who pushes you further then you think you can go! In class you see better how the moves are done and you have a live person you can talk to after class about how to do certain things!

Either way I hope you have a lot of fun!!!

I did look on amazon but I will check out half.com before I buy one. I am getting excited now. :)
  • mjmbjmgjm1
    mjmbjmgjm1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have wanted to try Zumba for a while but haven't had a chance to go to a live class plus no one to go with me. Yesterday my husband surprised me with the Zumba Rush for Xbox Kinect. I used it last night and woke up 45 minutes ealier this morning just so I could get a zumba workout in before work. I have never really danced, but I am loving this game and it is definatly a workout. The kinect picks up my movements easily and it will tell you how many calories burned, plus you can learn a few moves in the tutorials before trying a class.