40, divorced, starting from scratch

Options
I was a wife and a mom for 20 years... now I have to start over, guess I should start with me. Want to drop about 55 lbs

Replies

• jpe71
    jpe71 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Good choice. I went to college after mine. A project is great when your life is changing - it gives shape to your life at a time when you're maybe feeling a little bit lost. Feel free to add me if you want.
  • tmuster
    tmuster Posts: 72
    Options
    good luck on your loss to 55lbs. stay positive. friend request sent.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    I was a wife and a mom for 20 years... now I have to start over, guess I should start with me. Want to drop about 55 lbs

:drinker:

WAY TO GO!!!!!

*claps hands*
  • Hulk0511
    Hulk0511 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!! You can add me as a friend if you like.
  • Shelgirl001
    Shelgirl001 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Hey. 42 and divorced here. Been divorced for about 2 years now. I know how you feel. We were together for about 15 years. My project when we got our divorce was earning my Master's degree, and now it's in getting my body and mind in shape to really feel good about myself. Friend me if you want to . :)
  • Serenstar75
    Serenstar75 Posts: 258 Member
    Options

I've been there. I was suddenly 35, divorced, overweight and had zero confidence in myself. I knew I had to turn that ship around. My goal is similar, around 50 lbs or so. Now closer to 30-40
  • jasonr1009
    jasonr1009 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    sometimes the first step is the scariest and hardest. congrats on puttin on your big girl panties and moving on with life and your goals :)

add me if you needa friend.
  • Murball88
    Options
    Sorry to hear that, but remember your a strong person and you can do it 1 day at a time. If you need a friend feel free to add me :)
  • LiveLoveLaughGiggle
    Options
    YOu can do anything that you set your mind to! Don't let anyone stop you! Trust me when I say that this is going to be a tremendous learning experience for you. You will find things out about yourself that you didn't even know existed. Be strong!
  • janbez
    janbez Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I hear you! 27 years, three kids and 80 puonds later, I found myself flying solo again. At first I was relieved, then I was miserable and now, a year later, life is better than it has been in a very long time and improving by the day! Love yourself and keep the faith! Feel free to add me if you want a friend who can relate.
  • la8ydi
    la8ydi Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    KUDOS to you for not wallowing...some days will be harder than others (been there - divorced after 16 years) but just keep telling yourself that you're doing this for YOU. I could always use more motivational friends too! :happy:
  • jonescove
    jonescove Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey I saw your post. I am 46 and trying to really get into shape. I am just now starting. I know you don't know me but maybe we could support each other. I went through a divorce. I will be praying for you. I know the best place to start is God and working on yourself. I know you don't know me but sometimes that is the best support. Stay strong and lets do this. :glasses:
  • christmasjingle
    christmasjingle Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi.....feel free to add me if you want!
  • kel665
    kel665 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Great way to start a new life I say! :)

I can relate too, so if you need more friends on here, please add me! :)
  • NWCyclingBeast
    NWCyclingBeast Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Starting with oneself is a great choice... You'll be glad you did!
  • spezzie
    spezzie Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

You're in good hands here! Lots of love and caring people to support you! You can add me to your list of friends....
    Been there and done that!
    And Survived!!!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Kitty32168
    Kitty32168 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I found myself in that same situation about three years ago. it took some time but I started actually looking at me. What can I do for me? I found Zumba as a great way for me to dance out my negativity (sadness, overwhelmed feelings, etc) and get a good carido work out all at the same time. I also found something else... Me. I found friendships I will always cherish and a support group within my zumba group to help me rediscover what life is all about. I have three children and still have one at home.
    Best of luck on your journey!
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I'm newly single starting over to :-( so dam lonely!!!!
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Way-2-Go! Focusing on yourself; losing weight and getting healthy & fit will boost your confidence. I know you can do it. I lost 35 lbs at age 38...if I can do it...I know you can do it!

You're most welcome to add me if you like for some added motivation! :smile:
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 40 and single too. Feel free to friend me. :)