Time for a change...

Options
:smile: Hello Everyone, I guess I will start with the obvious things...I'm 36 and have struggled with my weight my entire life. I am a wife and mother of 4 (yours(2) mine(1) and ours(1)), I have a daycare in my home and work part time at my church with my second passion, music. This year I came close to losing 2 of the most important people in my life. My husband almost died of pneumonia in February and the following month my mom was diagnosed with Brain Cancer, one of the most aggressive types. All of this has put into perspective what I want out of my life and now, 5 years after quitting smoking, I want to shed the weight and get healthy. Not yo-yo diet, not "try" to lose weight on a fad diet, but change my eating habits to healthier alternatives that I can make a lifestyle change. I could go on forever, but ultimately I want to lose a minimum of 50 lbs to a maximum of 72 lbs..

Replies

• steph5471
    steph5471 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am a mother of two girls 18 and 2 1/2. I am married and work full time. I have been a yo yo dieter all my life. I too am on a journey to live a healthier lifestyle. I need to lose about 40 lbs.I would love to become your fitness pal. My screen nams is Steph5471.
  • DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    You've come to the right place. MFP is a fantastic tool and great place for encouragement and incentive. Welcome. If you do more than just diet and count calories, you are heading on an amazing journey of self discovery and enlightenment! :)
  • tz2187
    tz2187 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me if you like. This site has been so helpful to me. Welcome!
  • Queenb1212
    Queenb1212 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hello, I hear you. I'm also on a journey to transform myself. Please feel free to friend me, I have a great support group.