Did you find your goal weight to be too low?

Options
I've been looking at posts for my height,
and 155 seemed to be the ideal body I'd like to have...
I'm sure I'll change my mind once I get there
but has anyone else found that they were happy with a higher goal
or even a lower goal?

Replies

• Arexxx
    Arexxx Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    My plan is to just keep going until I'm happy with everything.
    I've changed my goal a lot because I thought it was too low/high.
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I'm not there yet completely but I do know that I used to say I would give anything to be 220 and now I'm very motivated to move on from this weight and keep going!
  • LinDiSm26262
    LinDiSm26262 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    In the beginning I wanted to weigh 135 but after reading posts and plugging in my numbers on a website that I found on one of the blogs, my goal weight is now 154. The website is http://www.fat2fitradio.com/
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I thought my goal was going to be too high and I would want to go lower, but it turns out that it will probably be about right, maybe a couple pounds low. The best way to pick a weight that is right for YOU is to find out your body fat percent by calipers (or circumference if you don't want to spend a couple bucks on calipers) and then go to http://www.cordianet.com/calculator.htm with a goal body fat % depending on how lean you want to get, and you can search through google images of people at different body fat %s to get an idea of what look you like. I'm aiming for 17%, which is on the lower side for normal women, but I like that look with muscle mass as my ideal "fit and lean" look.
  • theologynerd
    theologynerd Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I've met my goal weight and it was too high. At first I was a little disappointed, because I thought I was DONE, and it turned out I wasn't. However, soon I realized that you're never really done. What was I going to do once I was happy with my body, quit eating clean and stop working out? No. So, I got over the initial discouragement and came up with a game plan that will help me get the body I want. Now, I don't know what my goal weight is. I'll know it when I'm there. I'm focusing on losing a bit more fat and lifting weights. Strength training is the only way I'll get the results I'll want.
  • LuckyTerrier
    LuckyTerrier Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Choosing a goal weight is really tricky because there isn't any exact formula to figure it out. I chose my goal weight knowing that it may be too low. My primary goal is in body fat percentage. I want to get to 24%, which is the maximum for a woman to be considered "fit". I think that's a good goal, but I accept that fact that I may feel differently when I get there. I want to have a healthy body that I feel very confident about, so regardless of my body fat and scale weight, I plan to keep working until I get there.
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Mine might be.
    My goal is 140lbs and I am 5'5
  • Advaya
    Advaya Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly short so I was going for 115 - 125 ish (5'3) but now I realize I'd look pretty bad at that weight. I don't know if I could even get to that weight with my bone / frame size. My wrist is 6.5 inches around. My goal weigh is 135 now. I'll figure it out from there.
  • Nina2503
    Nina2503 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I found a weight that is easy for me to keep at and is within the recomended healthy weight range for my height, it is more at the top end of the range

I would look anerexic at the lower end of the recomended weight range for my height.

I suppose it depends on your body build???
  • kazza2cats
    kazza2cats Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I based my ideal weight on the BMI scale and just wanted to get in the middle of the healthy section. Set 140 pounds as my goal and feel good around that weight. I did drop below it for a little while but looked and felt too skinny.
  • oohmercyme
    oohmercyme Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    My GW is 140 (I'm 5'3). BMI says that's overweight and 130 is the max "healthy" weight for my height. I think BMI is a load of ****e and I'd be a bag of bones at 130. 140 might even be to low, I'll re-evaluate when I get to 150 (only 37lbs to 150!)
  • sandobr1
    sandobr1 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is 5 pound less then the high end of normal, I too will adjust if necessary. Considering that is over 50 pounds away it will be huge just to get to that point. I think out of hs I was only about 15-17 pounds lighter then that, though in 100 percent better shape, lean and athletic, doubtful that will ever be my body and is not my goal, should add outof HS24 years...gasp!

I should add I think I am over an inch shorter then I was in hs, which also changes the weight dynamic.
  • mommyred35
    mommyred35 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 227 5'6". I'm not even close to my goal of 150 so we'll see what happens.
  • Advaya
    Advaya Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    My GW is 140 (I'm 5'3). BMI says that's overweight and 130 is the max "healthy" weight for my height. I think BMI is a load of ****e and I'd be a bag of bones at 130. 140 might even be to low, I'll re-evaluate when I get to 150 (only 37lbs to 150!)

You're like my twin! :P
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Mine was too high! I thought I'd be more proportionate if I got down to 130lbs. Well, I weighed 123.5lbs this morning and the pudge on my belly is still stickin' out. 5' 2" here, female, approximately 26% bodyfat. Goal is around 18-20% bodyfat with as much muscle as I can pack on without pharmaceutical help. Not sure how many pounds that's going to be.
  • NZblue
    NZblue Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is 54kg, but when I'm realistic about it, I know I coudn't healthily be that weight, as even when I was quite thin I was still only just below 70kg. But I am short. I'd probably be happy at 62kg. And probably healthy. So while I say my goal is 54, I don't think I'll ever end up going to that. I'll be reassessing as I go!
  • ssalmfp
    ssalmfp Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    In the beginning I wanted to weigh 135 but after reading posts and plugging in my numbers on a website that I found on one of the blogs, my goal weight is now 154. The website is http://www.fat2fitradio.com/
    Thanks for posting this!
  • wordena
    wordena Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm unsure about my GW still. I've put it at 125 because I know if I ever get there I know I will have accomplished what I wanted in losing the weight. However that being said, I don't know if I'll be happy at that weight. Once I accomplish my goal I may want to set it higher again. However I want to prove to myself that I can do it and set my mind to it!
  • Off10h8ed
    Off10h8ed Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2"... my goal weight is 130lbs. I was 118 when I married and I was a healthy thin, I am giving a bit on the weight because of my age (40) and the fact that I have had 3 children. When I hit 150 (20lbs from goal) I am going to hit the weights heavy. I may decide I need to be a bit heavier than the 130lbs because muscle weighs more than fat. I am going to play it by ear from there... As long as I get to where I have a flat stomach and my body is well toned... I don't care if I am at 150lbs as long as I look DAMN GOOD!
  • econut2000
    econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is definitely high for my height, I'm 5ft and my goal is 145lbs. There were 2 reasons I picked that weight: I've lost weight a few times before and that weight seems to be the weight my body has maintained the easiest and longest. Right now I'm disabled and don't get around much at all so I have to be realistic that I'm probably not going to maintain 120lbs. But hey, once I get to my goal, I can always aim for lower :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!