Pregnancy 2010 - Week 2

Options
124»

Replies

• 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Thank you! For anyone who has an ipod touch or iphone there's a application called ipregnancy which is really cool too. They actually show ultrasound pictures of what your baby looks like at each stage! it's a cool application!

Also today's posting of the Healthiest Foods to Eat During Pregnancy is up for anyone interested:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/76855--3-healthiest-foods-to-eat-during-pregnancy-1st-trimester
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Congrats to both of you! I am glad that when my time comes, I will have lots of people to give me advice :smile:

On the weight loss side...would someone please yell at me, shake me, and maybe hit me? We ordered pizza and wings yesterday, and I stoped at McDonalds for breakfast this morning....what is wrong with me? I need to get back into the healthy eatting, but for some reason...I am totaly rebeling. So someone, please get me on the right path:grumble:
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Hey Amanda!

Well there is no yelling, shaking or hitting here, but I will give you a firm Smiley.
    :mad: :angry: :explode: :frown: :mad: :angry: :explode: :frown: :mad: :angry: :explode: :frown: :mad: :angry: :explode: :frown:

This is a lifestyle change, which means it's a process. Don't beat yourself up over these things, it won't do you any good.

The best thing to do when you've eaten too many calories? Do something active and eat reasonable HEALTHY meals to be sure your body gets the nutrition it needs, or else you'll be starved agai. For example, if you binge on chinese at lunch, you're going to feel better if you go for a walk and then eat hlf a turkey sandwich, a cup of soup and a glass of skim milk for supper. Are you over your calories? Yes. But are you getting what your body needs? Big yes.

Balancing isn't easy. Not by any means. My scale is going up over the last few days, but I've been doing really well at making it to the gym and getting more sleep (a big deal for me).

Remember, this is a lifestyle change. And from what you said, what you did isn't bad. You're recognizing (and voicing) how eating that makes you feel, and that's one of the biggest and best things you can do.

So now, you get another smiley. :wink:
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    I second what she said!

Do you guys watch the biggest loser? Last week Jillian had to eat crap food from taco bell and it disgusted her. I find that when I'm really really good about eating healthy and then I eat something I haven't for a while -- chips for example -- they seem so salty, and it's almost like you can taste the chemicals. I can't wait until I get to that point again where crap food doesn't even sound good ... or it sounds good and I'll take a bite and be done with it!

What do you guys say we do a challenge every week? Like one week absolutely no cheating on the diet, or exercise at least 20 minutes every day ... or drink our 8-10 glasses of water everyday? What do you say team?
  • Hopeful4757
    Options
    Don't beat yourself about about eating poorly one day. I agree with what Jalara said wholeheartedly. I also didn't do great twice this weekend. We had fun plans (bridal shower/wedding dress shopping), and the temptations were there. Who doesn't like bridal shower punch (dreamsical with booze and sherbert, along with other yummy treats), but it's the point that you realize you didn't make the best choice, pick yourself up, and don't give up. I used to give up if I made a mistake. I had an all or none attitude and I refuse to this time!

I like the goal idea. We should all have something to strive for everyday and mini goals in mind. Hope everybody had a nice weekend.
  • LisaC1026
    LisaC1026 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I've lost touch with you guys - I need to do a better job following you guys when you start a new thread!

I think the challenge idea is great Angela!

Now that I've posted I'll get caught up on what's going on and hop back into the conversation! :flowerforyou:
  • kck329
    kck329 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    I just found your thread and I would love to join you. We are going to start trying in the next few months but I would love to lose some weight before i get pregnant. I'm having a hard time staying focused. Reading all your posts has already helped me refocus.

Are there any goals or topics for the group I should know about?

-Kristen
  • guamchar
    guamchar Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hi KCK, We're glad to have you. Everyone has slightly different goals. Some are trying to get pregnant now. Others are trying to lose weight so they can become pregnant in the future.

A HUGE congratulations to Angela and Meisje!!!:happy: :happy: Has the realization that you are going to be a mommy set in yet?
  • moonq8
    moonq8 Posts: 14
    Options
    Hello ladies,
    I would love to join this group, this is exactly what I am looking for :smile:
    A little bit about me, I am 27 & have been married for almost 7 years. I have 2 great kids, my son will turn 6 in March & my daughter will turn 2 in April.
    We would like to try for number 3 soon, my husband wants NOW :smile: I told my husband that there is no way I want to get pregnant while at this weight. I gained so much weight the both times I was pregnant & so I didn't really enjoy my pregnancies. I want to have a healthy & happy pregnancy next time, I want to enjoy it.
    I go to a nutritionist every Sunday, I have PCOS & so I need help to lose weight. This is week 3 for me, week 1 I lost a little over 6 lbs. Week 2 the dr. had some family thing & so he didn't show up, so I'm not sure how much I lost. I will let you all know how I do this week when I go in on Sunday.
    I would like to say a big CONGRATULATIONS to the 2 ladies who are pregnant (sorry, I need a little time to remember everyones names) To the rest of this group, I wish all your dreams come true & we start seeing a lot more I AM PREGNANT posts :flowerforyou:466429.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the newbies, I am so excited to see there are so many of us all in the same place in our lives. I LOVE the idea of a weekly goal. I think we should start tomorrow when we do the weigh in and begin week 3. What should our goal be? I think we should start out with being active for 20-30 minutes a day, or only going over our calories once the entire week. Any thoughts ladies?

How are you prego's feeling? Any morning sickness or any other strange feelings yet? I think that is the part I am most concerned about.

I totally cheated and stepped on the scale this morning. I am SOOOOOO close to seeing the number start with a 1 rather than a 2. I am really hoping that if I hit the gym hard tonight, and watch my calories today, I will have a surprise tomorrow when we do our offical weigh in.

Have a great day ladies!
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Well, I was super nauseas last night and threw up a couple of times, but I feel ok this morning. I'm still sick so it could be from all that and not yet from morning sickness (I'm only 5 weeks today). Everyone keeps talking about me still being in the danger zone, so I keep thinking about the possibility of miscarrage and I'm so scared! So whenever my bloating and cramps go down, or my boobs are as tender I start to worry. *sigh plus being sick and on meds adds to that fear too, even though the meds have been approved by my OB. Well, we're praying for a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby, and deep down I KNOW it will all be ok.

I say whoever starts the thread for the week gets to pick that week goal. exercise daily is a good goal I think. I'm worried about this weeks weigh in. I haven't been exercising (or even getting off the couch) because of how sick I've been and have been going over my calories either because I'll finally feel like eating or because I'm downing gatorade to stay hydrated and there's 125 calories per bottle, so we shall see. I'll be happy as long as I didn't gain anything back! ;-)
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    Angela - I wouldn't worry about your weigh-in! What's most important is a healthy pregnancy. :heart: When is your first dr's appt with the OB?

I like your idea about the challenges. That way we will have a variety of challenges and different input.

I'm excited for tomorrow's weigh-in. I started my period the day after weigh in last week and I was having a really rough time. This was my first cycle after the last infertility treatment and I've really noticed that my hormones are not stabilizing well. It really stinks - but I am starting to feel a lot more like myself, so that's an awesome thing!
  • jbunzsno
    jbunzsno Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of having a challenge every week. If anything it'll give us something else to talk about :smile:
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    My first OB appt is 2-12-10 for my first ultrasound. :-) Very excited but it seems so very very far away! I told my boss today that I was pregnant and she said that she's "known" haha, she said I've looked lethargic lately haha, I thought that was funny.

Lisa - what is the infertility treatment they are doing?
  • LisaC1026
    Options
    Angela - that is so exciting. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and wishing you and the baby nothing but the best! I am not going through the treatment now. We are taking an indefinite break. I have endometriosis and PCOS among a few other issues and then my hubby has problems as well. So to actually answer your question, it's a pretty complex process. Lots of meds, injections and then we have IUI done (Intra-uterial insemination) We think (because we've exhausted most other options) that my health may be affecting us getting pregnant. We're hoping if I get fit and healthy maybe all the bad blood levels will lessen (or go away) and we'll try again. Who knows what will happen....it's been a very complex issue that we've dealt with for the past 8 years! Thankfully we have our sweet baby girl! :bigsmile:

Did I tell you guys that I'm going to CA in a month? I can't wait!
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Week 3 is up and runing!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/77384-pregnancy-2010-week-3

Hope to see you all there! Even though it's weigh-in day......