Hello There

Options
I just joined this community after reading here for several days.
I'm female, 23, and a university student. About 6 weeks ago, I returned home from a 1-year stay abroad and since then, I've gained 3kg of weight :/ I figure it's because I don't move around as much as I did back there by probably eating the same amount. I'm not the type to take walks out of pleasure, but back abroad, my university was only 3 kilometers away and I didn't have a bus pass, so I walked there every day. Back where I'm now, I can't do that; I have to take the train (going by bike would be really dangerous here, too), so the distance I walk a day is much less compared to before (1 or 2 km daily vs. 6-7) and it's only natural that I've gained weight.
But I don't want to stay like this. I want to get at least back to my old weight and actually even want to lose some more than that. That's the reason I registered on this page. I eat too much without even thinking about it and I felt it'd help me to lose weight if I track it.
I've also started to exercise a bit, I'm doing the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred now and I'm on Day 6 of Level 1 - still way to go, but I really feel it's doing something.
I'm always open for exercise recommendations, so if you have something good, please tell me! :)