Frustrated with Progress.

Options
Good Morning. I am feeling frustrated with my slow progress this morning. I know I need to keep an eye on the bigger picture, the fact that at the rate I am going (-2 pounds a week) I will be down 100 pounds by next summer. And I need to remember that I am making a lifestyle change, so slow is good.

However, there are times I just feel sooooo frustrated. In the last 8 weeks I have lost almost 17 pounds. I hired a personal trainer and in the very beginning she laid out the 2 lbs a week plan for me, and I have been sticking to that. I feel much better then I did 8 weeks ago, and have so much more mobility. And I am stronger then I was, I've noticed that in regular tasks, like picking up a cube of mt. dew for my husband in the grocery store, things are just lighter.

But my clothes aren't feeling as loose I thought they would at this point. And I just found out that a coworker who is a lot smaller then I am (I started at 266, I wouldn't even put her at 200) started trying to loose weight around the same time I did and she has lost 23 pounds in that same amount of time, and she is mostly just dieting and walking. I thought bigger people lost weight faster than smaller people?

That makes me feel like I should be doing more and I am fighting the temptation to go crazy and instead just keep following the advice of the trainer (She is more like my therapist :). I have lost up to 20 pounds in the past, and gained it all back plus 10-20. I wasn't obese until my late 20s. She is telling me slow is good and that I will get there, but I just want to get there faster. I am so scared that I am doing something wrong and the 17 pounds is just a fluke and at any point I am going to step on the scale and see those numbers start creeping back up. I have a hard time believing that I am going to actually be under 200lbs come spring, or out of plus sizes come summer.

As for my current plan, I am doing good and its actually been easier to follow then I expected. When I started my trainer had me shoot for 2500 cals a day, trying for 2000. I know that sounds like A LOT, but it was hard in the beginning. But now I am usually consuming 1500-1700 a day and it's not that difficult. I know I can't go lower than that because then I am hungry, and when I am hungry I make bad choices. I exercise (elliptical and strength training or zumba) at least 5 days a week.

I know I've made progress and I need to be focused on the long range, but it just seems like I should be down a lot more with the lifestyle changes I have made. That being said, the way I FEEL is so much improved that I will continue even without the huge drops in numbers.