Need friends who won't tell me to eat more.

Options
13»

Replies

• ZeroWoIf
    ZeroWoIf Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more. I don't' expect 600 calories to have the nutrients needed for your body to function properly, including your brain.
  • GreyEyes21
    GreyEyes21 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    you can add me. I dont judge. :)
  • SarahSmiles2004
    SarahSmiles2004 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    After reading more of this and into what you've had to say I'm sure you've discussed this with your doctor. I can see why people would tell you to eat more. It's a concern. They just want to make sure you're ok. I wouldn't condone eating 900 or less but that's where I have been in my personal journey to what it does to my body. If anything you should definitely be going off what your doctor tells you. Discuss with him/her what you need to be doing to get where you need/want to be. Unless the people you are talking to here are doctors you should really take it as advice and tips.

So if you haven't created a plan of attack with your doctor you should. Maybe consult a dietician. Not a nutritionist - dieticians are registered and have more qualifications. Not saying a nutritionist doesn't have skills or info you could use. Just check with your doc is all I have to say and keep trucking along. No one can make you do anything you don't want to do anyway. Only you can make yourself do something. Hope all works out and I would say that not eating enough in general is a disorder, just not necessarily anorexia. An eating disorder doesn't need to be anorexia or make you thin. It's called eating disorder because it's disordered eating, not commonplace to what is good for you or your health. Just a thought (not saying you have an ED, goodness, not my place to say that lol) I hope things go well for you and that you find your balance. :D
  • vicky11_17
    Options
    You dont have to eat more to get more calories add calories with drinks like coconut water if you like it or other natural drinks I find myself on the lower end and it's really help me get in more calories specialy if your not hungery.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders

a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.

b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote or glamorize dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.

c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.
    d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal.

Thank You,
    Arewethereyet
    MFP Moderator
This discussion has been closed.