Looking to lose 10%

Options
I have lost 125#s to date and have 90#s to go. I have found that small goals help me to keep on track. Losing 10% of my weight is a reasonable goal that gives a visual and healthy result. No, losing 10% will not bring me the body beautiful by society standards but I have finally figured out that it is not society that I need to please with my results. I really want to be healthy and to be around until my children are grown.

Here are some of the things I can get from losing 10% of my body weight. Heart health is a major advantage of losing weight. Both blood pressure and cholesterol respond to weight loss of 10% of body weight. Losing 10% can also improve the body’s ability to use insulin and help prevent or lessen symptoms of diabetes.

In addition, a 10% weight loss is usually accompanied with an increase in vitality. The loser feels better and has greater energy. Meeting this more immediate goal gives a sense of victory. The euphoria created at this victory can be translated into an impetus to lose the next 10%.

The sense of what it took to lose that 10% can be beneficial in setting and reaching future goals. A 10% goal is a positive achievement and a realistic goal.

Replies

• Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    *nods,
    Yep i'm a 10% person aswell, its so much easier.
    Just count down my cals by 10 %
    just walk 10% further.

I've now lost 10% of my body weight.
    Trying to cut down my body fat by 10% now.
  • segula
    segula Posts: 6
    Options
    Zylahe,

I see you are counting in Kg. Are you from outside the States? I am in Knoxville, TN.