My VERY FIRST NSV!

Options
So I've been taking my dog 3 times a week for walks that I try to make last 20-30 minutes. The first time I lasted 20 minutes, the second time, 25, and then the third was also 25. However, I only traveled about 0.6 miles round trip the first time, and just barely 0.8 miles the third. Today, I took her a different way, and I lasted 30 minutes, AND I went 1.2 miles! I know it's not great, but the fact I went over a mile before I really started to get tired is a major victory for me! I can never do that on a treadmill, and I think the fact that the weather is gorgeous and my puppy was with me made it easier. She was more tired than I was, had to carry her at one point! :laugh:

Anyway, I thought I would share it, because it's a big thing (for me) and I've only been at it a week and a half or so.

Replies

• mylove0mylife
    Options
    Congrats! Keep it up!
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Dogs def. help you keep motivated.
  • twinteensmom
    twinteensmom Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Absolutely wonderful!! Keep it up!! I hope you are proud of yourself. You have every reason to be!
  • skankamaggot
    skankamaggot Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    That's great progress! I have small dogs and they don't last long on walks either LOL we had to carry them both home from the park once.
  • ReclaimingSarah
    ReclaimingSarah Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! LOVE your ticker, BTW!
  • majordlite
    majordlite Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    That's super! I'll be you'll be over 2 miles before you know it.:wink:
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's big indeed! Keep it going and you will be surprised at all the future NSV's ahead for you.
  • DMUND
    DMUND Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    ~HAPPY DANCE~ Keep up the great work! You are doing awesome!
  • LittleMissRainey
    LittleMissRainey Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    WOOT! :drinker:

The Doctor and I approve :)

I walk now. Walking's cool. :wink:
  • Faericn_Rising
    Options
    Thats exactly how i got started. Good for you!
  • lamoursuffit
    lamoursuffit Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Chump, walking is very cool, as are bowties!

Thank you everyone! I will post a picture of my pooped-out puppy in a minute when it sends! She's a cutie!
  • OneDayFree
    OneDayFree Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    That is great. Keep it up. I'm going to get out and walk today just because of your post. Thanks.
  • farmwife3815
    farmwife3815 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    It is a big deal and it's fabulous!!! You are building endurance and getting stronger. Keep on trucking sister!! :drinker:
  • lamoursuffit
    Options
    That is great. Keep it up. I'm going to get out and walk today just because of your post. Thanks.

Really?! Yay! You can do it!!!
  • calamity71
    calamity71 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    That's great. Keep challenging yourself. If you need friends for encouragement friend me. :)
  • mcouturezz
    Options
    that is great and you know what !? it is just the beginning !!!
    you will see as you progress your body will give you soooooooo much more :))))
  • pamperedpenguin
    pamperedpenguin Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I totally know the feeling! When I started out I could only walk for 15 mins. Slowly I've gotten up to an hour but it took time (3 months) Walking with the dog helps, for sure.
    Keep at it!
  • don666car
    don666car Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    nsv rule aslong as you do a little more than before its all good dont rate yourself by others only yourself wtg girl walk on
  • lamoursuffit
    Options
    And here is my walking partner, all pooped out! Being a puppy is SO hard, you know!

pup.jpg
  • debjae
    debjae Posts: 242
    Options
    :smile: Good job
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!