My First 5K at 291.3 lbs!

Options

Replies

• lulukittie
    lulukittie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    You are a rockstar! Keep up the good work!
  • pmcco
    pmcco Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    you freekin rock!
  • rwalston86
    rwalston86 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    That's amazing and super inspiring!!!
  • PoohHugs2
    PoohHugs2 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    OMG! I can feel your overwhelming feeling of accomplishment! I have a feeling this is only the 1st of many challenges you will conquer! <virtual hug to you> Well done!
  • hope8311
    hope8311 Posts: 166
    Options
    Oh wow good for you....I wish I could do that, there is a breast cancer walk, I have no one to do it with...
  • mylifeisbeautiful
    mylifeisbeautiful Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    You are such an inspiration :) What a fantastic attitude! Congratulations!!!
  • 05saleengirl
    Options
    This morning in 49 degree weather and a wind chill that made it feel 43 I completed my first 5K...not last place and definitely not first place but I completed and beat my goal time of 45 min....44:28. I knew I would walk the whole thing but, I was ecstatic when I finish and cried like a baby! In July of this year I was having a hard time of doing 2 miles in 40 min so I am very proud of my self...to top it off I lost 5.5 lbs this week as well...

First5K10-64428.jpg
    You rock!!! That's awesome and your my new inspiration_! I'm hoping to so a 5k after I get my thyroid straight!
  • ThereseIShere
    ThereseIShere Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Inspiring, you got it in you, now to just living the vision!
  • soulfulsally
    Options
    Making it happen! Alright!!!
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! :)
  • AngelaJordan712
    AngelaJordan712 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Just getting out there and completing the 5K is a great accomplishment - you do have much of which to be proud. Do you have another one planned? ;)

No not yet but I know of one that will come up around Thanksgiving...I may do that one! Thank you!
  • AngelaJordan712
    Options
    This morning in 49 degree weather and a wind chill that made it feel 43 I completed my first 5K...not last place and definitely not first place but I completed and beat my goal time of 45 min....44:28. I knew I would walk the whole thing but, I was ecstatic when I finish and cried like a baby! In July of this year I was having a hard time of doing 2 miles in 40 min so I am very proud of my self...to top it off I lost 5.5 lbs this week as well...

First5K10-64428.jpg
    You rock!!! That's awesome and your my new inspiration_! I'm hoping to so a 5k after I get my thyroid straight!

Do one the nervousness/adrenaline is amazing and the accomplishment is mind boggling...remember i found one I could walk or run...
  • AngelaJordan712
    Options
    Oh wow good for you....I wish I could do that, there is a breast cancer walk, I have no one to do it with...

You can do it! I did mine alone as well...not technically alone...my mom and twins drove the path and got out and cheered for me along the way! Sometimes we have to do things alone...I actually like walking alone because I dont have to talk I can just focus on what I am doing!
  • AngelaJordan712
    Options
    Way to go!! I am doing my first 5K on Thanksgiving morning. Drumstick Dash. If I can make it to the finish line....I will be happy. Not worrying what my time might be. Just making it to the finish line.

I felt that way this morning as well...I had a wish when I signed up to finish in 45 min and didnt care this morning until I saw my time...Finishing is the utmost high!
  • packerlandmom
    Options
    Most people just SAY they're going to do a 5k....you DID it :happy:
  • AdenaJ
    AdenaJ Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your first 5K and for beating your time goal!
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    WOW! Way to go!
  • bridgelene
    bridgelene Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, you are AMAZING! :) What an accomplishment.....I bet you feel great! Congratulations :)
  • brittamh
    brittamh Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    YOU ARE MY HERO!! I am so serious! I have wanted to do that but I have not been brave enough..I admire you so much!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!