Diet Devotion - March 6

Options
2 Thessalonians 3:3
But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil.

All her life she had tried to kid herself and say she didn't really have a weight problem. To admit she was fat would have been to admit that she needed to change her habits. She wasn't ready for that. Then her closest and dearest friend had a heart attack. It really scared her and forced her to look at the truth. She was fat, and nothing could change that fact unless she did something about it. It took a lot of courage to face the truth, but it seemed like a lot less courage than facing a possible heart attack. With God's help, she knew she could face the truth and change for the better.
Today's thought: God makes me fit to fight fat!
~crosswalk.com Daily Devotional for Dieters

I think all of us are here on MFP because we've come to that realization that something needs to change. We haven't been caring for our bodies the way the Lord wants us to. But now that we've started down this road, HE is the one that will give us the strength to finish this race!!
~Pam

Replies

• PammyB3130
    PammyB3130 Posts: 203
    Options
    2 Thessalonians 3:3
    But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil.

All her life she had tried to kid herself and say she didn't really have a weight problem. To admit she was fat would have been to admit that she needed to change her habits. She wasn't ready for that. Then her closest and dearest friend had a heart attack. It really scared her and forced her to look at the truth. She was fat, and nothing could change that fact unless she did something about it. It took a lot of courage to face the truth, but it seemed like a lot less courage than facing a possible heart attack. With God's help, she knew she could face the truth and change for the better.
    Today's thought: God makes me fit to fight fat!
    ~crosswalk.com Daily Devotional for Dieters

I think all of us are here on MFP because we've come to that realization that something needs to change. We haven't been caring for our bodies the way the Lord wants us to. But now that we've started down this road, HE is the one that will give us the strength to finish this race!!
    ~Pam
  • babyhippo
    babyhippo Posts: 247
    Options
    Amen