49:33!!!! First 5k NSV

Options
sed1217
sed1217 Posts: 228 Member
I'm 32, 250 poundsish, and I've never been a runner. But I started C25K this summer and just completed my first 5K! All I wanted was to finish under 50 minutes, and I finished in 49 minutes and 33 seconds. I was so psyched!!!

I'm even signing up for another 5K in December and my goal is to finish in under 40 minutes. I'm going to restart C25K this week, but set my running pace faster to build some stamina. I also want to walk less and jog more during the 5K. Hopefully weight loss will accompany my new training schedule.

Replies

• rmarie1017
    rmarie1017 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your NSV! Just completed W5 D3 of C25K, myself! Be proud! :smile:
  • blg5
    blg5 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. It's empowering when we realize what our bodies are actually capable of.
  • shellsrenee01
    shellsrenee01 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I had a very similar NSV today. My goal has been to complete a 5K in under 40 minutes and today I finally achieved that with a finishing time of 39:38. You can do it!
  • smiles4support
    Options
    CONGRATS...Running is a GREAT calorie burner & VERY addicting!!
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! Congratulations!! Remember, a goal set is halfway met...you'll do it in 40 min in Dec, I'm sure of it...thanks for your NSV story!!
  • kborton1122
    kborton1122 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I recently jogged my first 5K as well. It's a great feeling of accomplishment!
  • 9jenn9
    9jenn9 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's so awesome. Running is tough. When I'm carrying extra weight, I can really feel how much harder it is. You have my respect for taking the challenge on. Keep going!
  • sebachie
    sebachie Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Great Job! As the lbs. melt away you'll feel a lot better and will def run faster. Keep up the good work!
  • AngelaJordan712
    AngelaJordan712 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I just finished mine today as well at 291.3...i walked but my goal was 45min and finished in 44:28
  • wonderstruck91
    wonderstruck91 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    awesome job! i am preparing for my first ever 5k's as well. i too have never been much of a runner. it's all about finishing, the speed will come : )
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!