Haven't lost any weight??

Options
Can someone please explain why I have lost no weight in the first week of dieting? I have cut down my intake of food dramatically and am exercising twice a week which I never did before. Does anyone know why this might be??

Replies

• belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    you need to open your diary, cant tell what you're doing wrong if i cant see what you're eating
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Give it more time, it'll come.
  • sullykat
    sullykat Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    It's only been a week. When you say you haven't lost any, does that mean you haven't lost 5 pounds, or you haven't lost 0.5 pounds?
  • maveydavey
    maveydavey Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost anything, my weight is exactly the same as last week? How do I open up my food diary please?
  • sullykat
    sullykat Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Go to home, then settings, then diary settings.

Then read. please...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/761131-this-will-take-more-than-a-week
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    It's not unusual to see no change or even a slight gain on the scale when we start a new workout program because our bodies flood sore muscles with water to help them heal. Drink lots of fluids and give it time and you should start to see results soon enough.
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Totals 666

MY GOD....
  • SunnyAndrsn
    SunnyAndrsn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Can someone please explain why I have lost no weight in the first week of dieting? I have cut down my intake of food dramatically and am exercising twice a week which I never did before. Does anyone know why this might be??

How much weight do you need to lose? 10 pounds or 100? If you have less to lose, it takes more time. Your sodium intake can also affect how quickly things show up on the scale. So if you cut back your intake, but were eating higher sodium foods, this can have a short-term influence too.

Just don't quit. Health and fitness don't happen quickly.
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Because it's your first week.

Don't see it as a diet, this is a change for life. Looking at your diary I'd say you aren't eating enough. Do you weight your food out? Log exercise?

Follow the recommendations, set your diary to the amount you should try lose a week, I'm guessing maybe only 1lbs? Stick to this and just keep at it, if you haven't lost anything in 3 months then maybe you need to re-evaluate.
  • litax
    litax Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I think you are not eating enough calories, even if that leads to weight loss at some point, it would never be a sustainable everyday habit.

I have noticed that exercising even a bit, makes a lot of difference.
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
  • maveydavey
    Options
    Totals 666

MY GOD....

Every day when I complete my entries it tells me I'm not eating enough calories but i'm finding it difficult to eat the whole 1200.

I need to lose about 50lbs.
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Because it's your first week.

Don't see it as a diet, this is a change for life. Looking at your diary I'd say you aren't eating enough. Do you weight your food out? Log exercise?

Follow the recommendations, set your diary to the amount you should try lose a week, I'm guessing maybe only 1lbs? Stick to this and just keep at it, if you haven't lost anything in 3 months then maybe you need to re-evaluate.

^^^ Great advice
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Totals 666

MY GOD....

Every day when I complete my entries it tells me I'm not eating enough calories but i'm finding it difficult to eat the whole 1200.

i was just laughing at the evil number... 666 mark of the beast lol. but I would suggest not eating below 1000 calories. also drink pleeeeenty of water.
  • maveydavey
    Options
    Totals 666

MY GOD....

i was just laughing at the evil number... 666 mark of the beast lol. but I would suggest not eating below 1000 calories. also drink pleeeeenty of water.

Oh, haha.

My sister said it might be my water intake being too low. Is 1litre enough or should I drink more?
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Not eating enough. Go to fitnessfrog.com and find out your TDEE then start at 20% less than that and see where you go
  • maveydavey
    Options
    Not saying this has EVERYTHING to do with it, but I see you are eating weetabix regularly for breakfast, I used to do that to and during that time I noticed I wasn't losing any weight, as soon as I stopped eating it I lost 5lbs.

Oh really?? I thought it was a good kick start for the day!
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Totals 666

MY GOD....

Honestly you will learn to eat more, I used to eat a lot less than I do now and look at the amount I've lost!

If you want long term results be sensible!
  • maveydavey
    Options
    Not eating enough

That's what I thought.

Thanks so much everyone. I won't be giving up!
  • ForeverChasingTheSunsets
    Options
    Remember that as you get older, your body takes more time to lose weight and to adjust. Be patient. I am 44 and it will take six weeks for me to lose one pound. I am three weeks in and have not lost anything yet but I am not giving up.