fall recipes (pumpkin or apple)???

Options
sds76
sds76 Posts: 215 Member
I love this time of year and I love baking but I am not about to sabatoge myself or my family soooooo I need your best recipes(as healthy as possible) that include pumpkin or apples. I'm already adding pumpkin and cinnamon to my shake in the morning and it taste so good. Any other recipes out there?

Replies

• skankamaggot
    skankamaggot Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Check out the pumpkin tags on skinny taste, lots of good recipes there!!

Edited to add:

This is the next one I'm making, chili! http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/10/crockpot-turkey-white-bean-pumpkin.html

I'm also dying to try this pumpkin french toast: http://www.emilybites.com/2012/10/pumpkin-french-toast.html
  • knyagrl
    knyagrl Posts: 20
    Options
    I'm trying to find is a recipe for pumpkin spice cookies that will taste like the ones from Aldi's Baker's Corner pumpkin spice cookie mix. The mix cookies are fantastic, but require a whole stick of butter, and I'd like to figure out a way to make something that tastes similar from scratch, with pureed pumpkin so as to cut down on the butter! Any suggestions??
  • karenjewel
    Options
    CROCKPOT APPLESAUCE

8 MEDIUM APPLES (MIX UP DIFFERENT KINDS)
    PEEL, CORE, CHOP
    1 STRIP LEMON PEEL
    1 TSP FRESH LEMON JUICE
    CINNAMON STICK
    5 TSP LIGHT BROWN SUGAR

SET ON LOW - COOK 6 HOURS - STIR OCCASIONALLY

MAKES THE HOUSE SMELL YUMMY TOO!
  • karenjewel
    Options
    I love this time of year and I love baking but I am not about to sabatoge myself or my family soooooo I need your best recipes(as healthy as possible) that include pumpkin or apples. I'm already adding pumpkin and cinnamon to my shake in the morning and it taste so good. Any other recipes out there?

What kind of shake do you do in the morning?
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com :)
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    Winter Squash with Apples

Acorn, butternut, banana or Hubbard squash (4 c cubed in 1/2" cubs)
    1 large apple (peeled & cubed)
    3 T margarine
    1/4 c water
    2 t lemon juice
    1/4 c brown sugar
    1/4 t salt
    1/4 t cinnamon
    1/8 t nutmeg
    sliced almonds

Melt margarine in a wide frying pan. Add squash, apples, water and lemon juice. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally until liquid is absorbed (4-5 mins). Stir in brown sugar, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg, mix all together. Garnish with sliced almonds. Serves 6
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    It's not baking or anything, but I found this the other day. Going to try it out tomorrow.

http://www.emilybites.com/2012/10/pumpkin-french-toast.html
  • sds76
    Options

Oh wow...that looks yummy, I can't do milk(lactose issues) but I bet it would be fine to substitute with my almond milk.
  • killingtheantagonist
    Options
    bump
  • sds76
    Options
    Thank you all....we are having baked apples tonight or tomorrow(it's getting late here) but found a recipe that doesn't use butter or sugar so hopefully it's good :) If it is then I will share the recipe on here as well.
  • sweetiebrittie
    sweetiebrittie Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    http://www.spiciefoodie.com/2012/01/25/almond-butter-baked-apples/

I add maple syrup and cinnamon to them and eat them for breakfast.
    They are yummy!
  • TorontoDiane
    TorontoDiane Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    I love apple and rhubarb together for a really delicious harvest treat!!!!

I prefer the apple does not have cinamon and baked with the rhubarb together with an oatmeal crust topping just to give it the crunch that you need... a little bit of sugar sprinkled over the apples and rhubarb then the oatmeal crust, simple delicious, it can be made lower calorie by just not going for a full cobbler type crust just a sprinkling of oatmeal, brown sugar and butter and granola goes along way... for an extra tartness a few dried cranberries gives it a different taste too !!! yum

also like just stewing apples and rhubarb with a tiny bit of sugar and letting that mix cool... put in individual bowls... add a few tablespoons of low calorie vanilla yogurt and a few slices of apples on top with a half a cherry and you have a great dessert!!!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I'm making this one tonight:
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/09/cinnamon-apple-crisp.html
    Servings: 8 • Serving Size: 1/8th • Old Points: 5 pts • Points+: 7 pts
    Calories: 242.0 • Fat: 6.8 g • Protein: 2.3 g • Carb: 49.5 g • Fiber: 4.5 g • Sugar: 32.3 g
    Sodium: 10.1

I haven't tried it yet, but I love apple crisp. This one calls for agave syrup, and all I had was maple flavored agave, so we'll see.
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Winter Squash with Apples

Acorn, butternut, banana or Hubbard squash (4 c cubed in 1/2" cubs)
    1 large apple (peeled & cubed)
    3 T margarine
    1/4 c water
    2 t lemon juice
    1/4 c brown sugar
    1/4 t salt
    1/4 t cinnamon
    1/8 t nutmeg
    sliced almonds

Melt margarine in a wide frying pan. Add squash, apples, water and lemon juice. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally until liquid is absorbed (4-5 mins). Stir in brown sugar, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg, mix all together. Garnish with sliced almonds. Serves 6

Yummy!! Will be making some tomorrow! !
  • choochoobell
    choochoobell Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • fitnessyeoja
    fitnessyeoja Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    b
  • ShannonBas
    ShannonBas Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Bump :happy:
  • Gennybunny96
    Gennybunny96 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ruckerbenton
    Options
    I've been making all sorts of quick breads from our harvest from our peach, apple and persimmon trees. I freeze the breads, coffee cakes, spice cookies, apple crisps, puddings, etc. When I want them for gifts or as a treat for company, I break out the breads, etc! If I know I am freezing it, I tend to stay away from it. It is nice to have these items on hand throughout the year!