Trying to get my family on board

Options
I am trying to think of a way to get my family to join me on this site. All of my aunts are bordering obese and I want to see them all live a long time. I just don't know how to talk to tem about it without hurting there feelings or getting them mad at me. They do not see my results because I live 12 hours away and and have not been home to see them since June they can not see what I have done. My mom told me today that she is pushing 200# and she doesn't want to go there. She is only about 5"6. I know the reat of my aunts are about the same as she is and we have a history of heart attacks and diabetics in my family. I sent my mom the link to this site in hopes she will look at it and give it a try.

Does anyone have any suggestions about how to talk to my family about it?

Replies

• debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Talking in a "me" sense and sharing what you are doing healthy always seems to be the best way. I have found that sharing what I am doing seems to open up the way for questions and makes it non accusitory. Good luck--I look forward to hearing what other people have to say as I have certainly not found the magic bullet--but I also tend to hold back my feelings instead of sharing to avoid conflict...:ohwell: