Advise....

kaylou
kaylou Posts: 375 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Looking for some guidance in kicking this weight loss back into gear!

Here is my story:
Started MFP 1 year ago. Lost 14lbs with watching the calories and some excersize 2-3 days a week about 30 minutes a day. In July I kicked it up the excersize to 4 days a week...45-55 minutes. My body does look better and I feel great. Now, I am aware that muscle weighs more that fat however I have gained 6lbs and the inches have stayed the same....I would be fine with the weight gain if the measuring tape read differently. I have really been good (even through the holidays...only little cheats) My cloths still feel good and I none of the clothes are tight but I really want to be a little smaller (wedding day in April)
I am only eating 1250 calories a day when I do not excersize and about 1550 on the days that I do. (I typically eat back all but 100 of my calories) Should I stop eating the earned calories? (but I think I would be starving!)

Help?? I would like to lose 5lbs buy Febuary 26th (shower) and a total of 9 by April 24th.

Replies

• KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Losing 5 lbs by Feb 26th may not be achievable since you don't have much to lose. Is there a reason why you want to lose that specific amount? You are obviously doing great and I think you should just stick with it and focus on how you feel and how great you look rather than what the scale says. However, if you really do want to try to lose a bit more before the wedding I would recommend changing up your routine. Try some new exercises to shock your body and start losing again.

Good luck and congrats on the weightloss so far and your upcoming wedding!
  • dragonfly81
    dragonfly81 Posts: 272 Member
    You're doing great! You've probably just hit a plateau. Try changing up your workouts and giving your body a little shock. Your body may be used to what you're doing. Try a new workout, or change up your schedule and see if that gives you a little boost.
This discussion has been closed.