New and love the site!!!

klewis89
klewis89 Posts: 12
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
I am new to the site (actually started right after Christmas, but slipped up the weekend of New Year's). I really like this site and the ability to search and access food calories on the go. I lost 40 pounds about 4 years ago (low-carb), but last year gained about 20 back. I am NEEDING to lose that 20 pounds plus an additional 15 or so. I am trying this site, because I want to lose the weight in a healthy way and make the decision that it's not a diet!! Any suggestions and motivation greatly appreciated!!!!

Replies

• OneMission
    OneMission Posts: 160 Member
    Welcome!!!
    I love this site as well. It is so easy to keep yourself on track :happy:
    "Constant dripping hollows out a stone"...this is my quote of the month...reminding me that I can do it, it'll just take time.
    Remember to get your "drips" in each day...and those pounds will be gone in no time :wink:
    Best of luck to you on your mission! You'll find TONS of support, encouragement & motivation on this site :drinker:
    :flowerforyou: T
  • Thank you for the support!!! I do have to pick up on my water intake, that is just another thing that I don't get enough of, as well as the exercise!!
  • pamh5555
    pamh5555 Posts: 191 Member
    for those water issues, i bought a rubbermaid 20 oz container and fill up with water and crystal light powder. give a good shake and try to have finished by lunch. start a new one at lunch and try to have done by the time i leave at 5. so that I can fill up again before i head to home. try to have that completed by 9 pm when i work out so that I can fill up for the evening workout. I try to drink a 16 oz bottle of water in the morning/evening before.during and after my workout. and yes you feel like your floating away for the first couple of days then your body wants that hydration. I notice especially on Sat/Sun that i am extremely thirsty during the day now when i never used to be.
This discussion has been closed.