New member from Vermont

dbniles
dbniles Posts: 3
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hi all,
I started keeping track of my food and exercise on the fitnesspal website on Friday the 8th. It has taken me a few days to navigate everything fitnesspal has to offer.
I was able to join (through my job) a pre cardiac rehab weight loss program. I am high risk fo heart attack, stroke and diabetes because of my weight. I have been in the program for 2 months now and can say I have lost 10 pounds. My goal is to lose 35 more pounds. I am a 59 year old Grandmother and I need to get healthy.
I have to keep a daily journal of what I am eating and what exercise I am doing. ( I will coninue with keeping track of what I am eating as this is a big key to losing weight.) Fitnesspal is a great web site for this. I find it very easy and I like that it shows your progress (or no progress).
Hopefully I can pass on any helpfull information and I would appreciate any encouragement form other members.
Have a GREAT day.

Replies

• kookla33
    kookla33 Posts: 234
    Welcome! Great job on losing ten pounds. You are on your way to a healthier you, and strengthening your heart and body in the process. My dad has had three heart attacks and now, he is finally learning to take better care of himself. He does water aerobic and just joined a 12 week exercise start-up program at his gym. He also found out he has sleep apnea, and that's what lead to the lack of oxygen to his heart.

Enjoy the journey to your success!
This discussion has been closed.