Sick and Tired

Options
Hello everyone ~

I am making a life style change. While difficult I know the more people who know about it the more likely I am to continue with it. There are a few reasons why I need this change the #1 is while at the cardiologist I found my levels to be a little high and my sugar was way too high. I've always been a larger person and never looked like I would weigh 303 lbs but got a rude awakening at the last Dr. visit. I had never given much thought to my weight because I have always been strong. I have always done strength training each week and am still able to move a lot of weight. On the otherhand I am ashamed of myself for weighting as much as I do. I can justify it all I want by the idea I only weight 25 more lbs than I did in high school, but I guess I'm just sick and tired. I have to remind myself I have children and a grand child a lovely wife and cannot take the easy softer way any more.

I credit my brother for introducing me to this site, but look for more people to get to know.

on a side note ........... well I've been on MFP for 3 full days and love it. Traking and being held accountable by what I eat and how begin to keep active is a great tool.

Replies

• TjDee
    TjDee Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Being accountable makes all the difference. Are you doing any type of cardio or just weight lifting? Also, are you eating clean food or just counting calories because that will make a difference too.
  • johned63
    johned63 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, there are a lot of tools here to assist with your journey! Feel free to add me if you want.
  • mexicalinina
    mexicalinina Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Welcome . . . feel free to add me!