Leslie Sansone

Options

Replies

• deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I like her workouts but I usually mute the dvd and turn on my own music. Leslie gets too chatty for me!

I find it funny because I have heard a lot of people don't like Jillian because she sounds like a drill instructor, but Leslie sounds like Romper Room to me. I like her, don't get me wrong, but I just find the contrast really funny.
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I forgot to add there is a group on here called walk away the pounds gals or something like that.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,002 Member
    Options
    i love her workouts
  • Skinnymunkii
    Skinnymunkii Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Anything is effective if it gets your heart rate up and gets you sweating. Whatever gets you moving. That's the key. I like Leslie Sansone, but if she doesn't inspire you, or you don't feel challenged, then find something else you enjoy! There are so many choices out there....
  • jmain2784
    jmain2784 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    before my sister started kicking my *kitten* in working out, i would do the leslie sansone videos....having an active 20 month old child makes it hard to work out...but when she is down for a nap or her auntie has her, i am able to get in a leslie workout...love her motivation while she is making us sweat.
  • brook973
    Options
    I love Leslie's dvds. They are one of my main forms of exercise. After doing them so many times, I don't feel like I need to hear the talking though so I mute the tv, and leave pandora playing on my computer so I can just do Leslie's moves but listen to my own music.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I hate the idea of DVD workouts. I strongly oppose people do other things in the gym or come up with their own plan. That being said...

Leslie Sansone DVDs are amazing. Low impact, fairly high intensity cardio. What's not to like? The risk of injury is basically nonexistent and that's my main gripe with people working at home to DVDs, the increased risk for injury. But her Walk off the pounds videos are the biggest exception to that I can think of. Hell, I've used them and I happily would again.
  • JLD81
    JLD81 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    It's all relative. You get out of whatever you put into any work out.

^This. I do her walking videos on my "light days"but tweak them a little, adding more movement, deeper movement, etc and burn upwards of 450 calories if I put real effort into it. I can also burn as few as 250 if I don't.
  • Julicat6
    Julicat6 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Great for someone who hasn't worked out in a while, or who has been sick to start getting back up to previous levels. Good for a "rest" day, I like them because they are not complicated to follow, I can follow more complicated routines in a class but have a small living room and dogs underfoot so am always at risk of tripping over one of the Furries. Great for a day when I need something but just don't have time in my schedule to go to Zumba or Curves.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Now I'm curious - what kind of workouts does she do?
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Now I'm curious - what kind of workouts does she do?

Aerobic workouts all based on variations of walking in place. They're known for being very low impact yet getting high calorie burns. And anyone could do it.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I hate the idea of DVD workouts. I strongly oppose people do other things in the gym or come up with their own plan. That being said...

Leslie Sansone DVDs are amazing. Low impact, fairly high intensity cardio. What's not to like? The risk of injury is basically nonexistent and that's my main gripe with people working at home to DVDs, the increased risk for injury. But her Walk off the pounds videos are the biggest exception to that I can think of. Hell, I've used them and I happily would again.

Some people are not self motivated enough to be able to push themself to a fast enough pace. I could walk outside, sure, but I would not be walking as fast as Leslie gets going, and with the kicks and knee raises and other varied steps, I wouldn't be getting that in a walk outside. So the DVD is perfect for someone whose lifestyle doesn't include a gym or a personal trainer, or doesn't have a pal to keep them moving.
  • crazylady50s
    Options
    i am 66 years old
    i have used leslies walks before
    but had not walked for over a year
    started back last week
    tonight i tried WALK SLIM
    4 really big miles
    dang i could only make 3
    but it was a great work out for me
    she has some excellent dvds
  • Love2lift72
    Love2lift72 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I've started them. I like them because they are low impact and until I get my fitness level back up, I'm just not ready for more. I do the 1 mile on days I need to do something super quick, but I try to make time do at least the 2 mile.
  • KristaWhee
    KristaWhee Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have had Leslies 1,2 and3 mile walk DVDs for a long time. I have never done them regularly until I started MFP about 6 weeks ago, I like to pair the 1 mile as a warm up to doing the Elliptical. And I am thinking about adding some light weights and using them more now that it is getting chilly out. I feel like I have a little bit of sore throat everytime I walk outside now. I like them, I think her "crew" is funny to watch. How do I log Leslie? i have been logging it as a 3.0mph walk for 20 mins. I dont feel like that is very accurate though. Should i log it as low impact aerobics? Thanks in advance for answers.
  • misslindseylou
    misslindseylou Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I have her Walk Away the Pounds 1-2 Miles DVD, and I like it well enough. I'm using it to get my stamina up and get me moving, so it's great, but sometimes I feel a little silly just walking in place. Leslie is so cheerful and nice, but sometimes it gets frustrating and she comes off as fake when she laughs; when that happens, I turn on my own music and blast through the workout!
  • wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Just got "5 Really Big Miles". I am going to do this one tomorrow :smile:
    My weight has stalled and I have been doing the 2 and 3 miles. Thought I would bump it up some.
  • antigone23
    antigone23 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I think they are great for beginners and I'm sure the longer ones are still a good workout for people who are more intermediate. But, I find them mind numbingly boring and can't do one for longer than 30 minutes. I also find her chatter annoying. I prefer more dancy type cardio with more variation in choreography.
  • juliec33
    juliec33 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    In the winter when I have to do a DVD workout I do Leslie Sansone. I wore my heart rate monitor a couple of time and boy did my heart rate really get up there. It's a great calorie burn if you do the longer 2 or 3 mile ones.
  • kramalicious
    Options
    I like Leslie Sansone's Three Mile Fast Walk. It is a good workout- the pace is actually pretty fast. Three miles in 30 mnutes would be six miles an hour. Now I go to the gym, but if I can't go for a while, I will do this DVD.