Need help with healthy snack ideas please

Options
2»

Replies

• bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    love cantelope, watermelon, peanuts or peanut butter. All depends on what I have and how hungry I really feel.
  • KS_4691
    KS_4691 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    boiled eggs!

or this.
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    yoghurt, nuts, fruit, carrot sticks !
  • MonkeyBars
    MonkeyBars Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    feeling snacky?!?!?!? eat some meat! yum yum - now you're full up!

if you eat processed carbs, you'll want more very soon.......

I tested myself the other nite, choccy biscuit, ooooh nice, I'll have another....oooooh that was good,
    shall I have another.....

I wasn't getting full....I was acting like a crack addict....more more more!

So I had 4 rashers of bacon with a a little chicken!
    BOOM
    full up in 2 mins!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    My favorite snacks are peanuts, cheese, carrot sticks, celery with peanut butter, grapes, and crackers.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

if you eat processed carbs, you'll want more very soon.......

...Which is a good thing if you are close to your next meal. I usually only choose protein-ish snacks like nuts if I have more than two hours before my next meal. Otherwise, I just want to stave my hunger for a short time and I *want* to be hungry again in an hour or two.
  • Katbody10
    Katbody10 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Great Snack Ideas!
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Depends on whether on want salty or sweet. If I want something salty I warm up some bean dip. I make dip out of white beans, roasted garlic and olive oil. Take a can or two of white beans, drain them and dump in the food processor. Peel a few cloves of garlic and pop them in the toaster oven until they start getting browned and squishy (a few cycles). Snip the ends off and toss them in the food processor. Start the processor and very slowly add olive oil until it gets to a good consistency. Season with salt and pepper and it's done. It's fantastic with carrots or any kind of bread/cracker/toast.

I also like pretzels with peanut butter or laughing cow cheese, a slice of toast with cheese, hummus and carrots or crackers, a half sandwich, pickles. Or occasionally I'll have a small portion of whatever leftovers are in the fridge. Sometimes a cup of homemade soup is just right.

If I want something sweet I may have fruit, a bit of dark chocolate or a homemade cookie.

This is all after I decide if I am actually hungry or just bored. If I'm bored I'll have a cup of tea just to keep my mouth busy. Once in a while I'll have a piece of gum but after 5-10 minutes I remember I hate gum and spit it out.
  • Marlitharn
    Marlitharn Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've recently become a huge fan of raw sugar snap peas. Satisfyingly crunchy and just a wee bit sweet, 26 calories for a 1 cup serving (I get full, though, waaay before hitting 1 cup), and if you add a couple of tbsp of hummus for dipping you get a nice protein boost for just 50ish more calories, give or take.
  • chefswife9393
    Options
    I like the grab and go style snacks. I get the individually wrapped sargento light string cheese and a piece of fruit or a non fat yogurt. I also buy the mini single serve cups with lids((they hold 2 Tblsp) at walmart and fill with light ranch dressing, then make a veggie bag with carrots, celery, peppers, cherry tomato and broccoli and bag them and the ranch together. My kids love this too. depending on the veggies you choose, they last about 5 days in the crisper.
  • mamaflomo
    mamaflomo Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thank you-- Great Ideas!!