Pumpkin Spice Lattes - with sbux syrup at home

Options
sleepytexan
sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
My jug of Pumpkin spice syrup that I got from an awesome barista last season is almost gone. I was getting a little stressed until I saw that WSJ article this morning:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390444223104578036560736681482.html

Used to be baristas who stole the syrup would sell it on ebay, so I thought I'd check and see what' it's going for now. However, I just discovered Sbux is selling the pumpkin spice syrup online, 63 oz. for $22 + $5 shipping. Are you kidding? I just ordered 2 (same shipping price for 2 as for 1). I only use .5 oz. (1 pump) for each of my drinks at home so for me that works out to about 25-30 cents per latte accounting for the cost of unsweetened almond milk and espresso beans . . . . thank God my first world problem of the day is solved.

BTW if you make an iced latte at home with 1 pump of syrup and 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (equivalent of iced tall size), it's only 71 calories . . . the store uses sweetened vanilla soy milk, and 3 pumps, so you're getting 210 cals.

http://www.starbucksstore.com/gifts-extras/syrups-and-sauces,default,sc.html?cm_mmc=Sbuxcom-_-ShopMega-_-syrupssauces-_-Evergreen#

Replies

• yobby1969
    yobby1969 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My absolute favorite latte! Thanks
  • sarahisme18
    sarahisme18 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I bought the Amoretti syrup on eBay last year---it's great! I add a little stevia and vanilla extract, and I think it tastes just like sbux.
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Saw this yesterday for a skinny pumpkin frappe. Gonna have to try it. Looks and sounds so yummy. Check it out at

http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/drinks/skinny-pumpkin-spice-frappe/
  • EmilyMCO
    Options
    Awesome, I just sat down to log in my beverage (a homemade pumpkin spice latte)! I'm experimenting with using actual canned pumpkin purée, vanilla extract, sweetened condensed milk, spices, and instant coffee...
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Oh man, I'm totally buying this. Do you happen to know how long the shelf life is?
  • vonne06
    vonne06 Posts: 42
    Options
    I totally need to try this. And thanks for the nutirtional break down.
  • sleepytexan
    Options
    Oh man, I'm totally buying this. Do you happen to know how long the shelf life is?

sbux employee told me that all jugs at the store were dated to expire March 31, regardless of manufacture date bc that's the date they stop selling it. He gave me 2 jugs for $10 last 3/31, and I am at the end of the second one now. I have not been ill . . .
  • emyishardcore
    emyishardcore Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Wait where do you buy this and how expensive. I tried to find it but got nothing :(
  • sleepytexan
    Options
  • AmiC0717
    AmiC0717 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I really appreciate this, I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Starbucks and I love their Pumpkin Spice Lattes. I actually have been staying far far far away due to the calories. I did some searching and you can get the syrup in sugar free and I didn't know that. Hmmmmmmmm this maybe a new treat for me. I use sugar free vanilla and carmel syrups quite a bit. In order to save calories at home I've been making coffee with a little pumpkin pie spice creamer and then adding in a spoonful of pumpkin and then a tiny bit of fat free whipped topping and pumpkin pie spice on the top. The whole thing is less than 75 calories and it helps me fight my starbucks cravings :)