Eat your calories you burned while exercising?

Options
2»

Replies

• misskariw
    misskariw Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I tend to only read the newer boards. There's always a fresh voice and we're always looking at new information. If someone hasn't been here long, it's definitely a simpler process just to ask the question. There's always someone willing to answer. If you want a new topic, ask a new question.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    It really seems like 90% of the threads on here are either this topic or "I'm not losing weight!!!! why????" to which people tell the person to eat more. Gets really old fast. Do people read the forum at all before starting a thread?
  • FitFabFlirty92
    FitFabFlirty92 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    It really seems like 90% of the threads on here are either this topic or "I'm not losing weight!!!! why????" to which people tell the person to eat more. Gets really old fast. Do people read the forum at all before starting a thread?

Yep. This. It's not that you need to go the search engine every time you have a question. The problem is that it gets old REALLY fast when the same two or three questions are asked 5 times a day.
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options

Yep. This. It's not that you need to go the search engine every time you have a question. The problem is that it gets old REALLY fast when the same two or three questions are asked 5 times a day.

SSSHHHHH!!! Your not allowed to suggest anything about the same threads being posted several times over, anything about using the search function, have any opinion on anything, you must be a fluffy pink loving bunny all day all the time :tongue: :happy:
  • Ellyabell
    Ellyabell Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I eat back most of my exercise calories because I am hungry after a workout. But I log the exercise for less than MFP tells me to, normally between 20-25% less. Since I am doing that I lose weight again, when I logged it the way MFP estimates, I just maintained my weight.

And yes, HRM is best, unfortunately mine is refusing to work at the moment.
  • Scott
    Scott Posts: 204 MFP Staff
    Options
    I just would like to add that we encourage repeat questions in all of our forums. We do not want multiple posts by the same user of the same thing, but simply asking a question that has already been answered is completely acceptable.

This helps the new people learn the forums and fosters new relationships. Telling someone to use the search feature is not a helpful response, your response will be deleted and may cause you to receive a warning.

Again, repeat questions are perfectly okay in our forums. Please do not suggest otherwise.

Cheers,
    Scott
    MyFitnessPal Staff
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    What about really big numbers? Today I gained an extra 2000 calories to eat adding to 4000 overall; Ive eaten 3,200 and I physically cant eat anymore, and Im not depriving myself I love eating. Surely that 800 deficit shouldnt be a big deal

No, it's not that big a deal, and you may not actually have burned 2,000 calories through exercise.
  • plarcade
    plarcade Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I don't really eat them back, but I do allow myself to go over my calorie goal sometimes and I find it balances out. If you see what I mean? :)
  • kamc96
    kamc96 Posts: 11
    Options
    Lesson learned, I won't make anymore posts. :)

Off to read the previous 1000+ forums..........