Anyone drinks Prune Juice?

Options
I know it helps with the digestive system. I'm planning to drink it nightly and was wandering if it's safe.

Replies

• jzbaby626
    jzbaby626 Posts: 466
    Options
    i give it to my son because he has digestive issues. it tastes horrible (at least in my opinion) so i mix it with grape juice to make it drinkable.
  • HollyAnnH
    HollyAnnH Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    No, but I do enjoy the Sunsweet 1s once in a while. I used to give my son prune juice but as he has gotten older (he is 3 now) he doesn't like the taste and won't drink it. He still has digestive troubles at times and I give him Miralax. It is a flavorless powder that you can find at your grocery store. I put a tsp in his juice, he doesn't even know it, and next thing you know "things" are moving! Hope this helps.
  • pavang82
    pavang82 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    i give it to my son because he has digestive issues. it tastes horrible (at least in my opinion) so i mix it with grape juice to make it drinkable.
    How often do you drink it?
  • 2bthinagain
    Options
    No, but I do enjoy the Sunsweet 1s once in a while. I used to give my son prune juice but as he has gotten older (he is 3 now) he doesn't like the taste and won't drink it. He still has digestive troubles at times and I give him Miralax. It is a flavorless powder that you can find at your grocery store. I put a tsp in his juice, he doesn't even know it, and next thing you know "things" are moving! Hope this helps.

i 100 persent agree with you.. and now they have a way cheaper brand you can get at walmart called glycolax, it is just like myralx but cheaper and sams wholesale has it you can get 2, 30 day dose' for only 15 dollars
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    How often do you drink it?

I only give him 2 oz. of it mixed in his juice. Sometimes once a day or every other day (however he is a small child, 3 yrs. old). I wouldnt drink too much until you see how your body reacts. I dont see how it wouldnt be safe though, its only juice.
  • jzbaby626
    Options

i 100 persent agree with you.. and now they have a way cheaper brand you can get at walmart called glycolax, it is just like myralx but cheaper and sams wholesale has it you can get 2, 30 day dose' for only 15 dollars

I bought those but he said they were "nasty" lol. He just thinks he is drinking grape juice because I only mix a tine bit in his drink so thats how i get away with it. I am giving him the powdered metamucil but I did hear that Miralax is better. I will have to look for either of those at walmart. Thanks for your help :flowerforyou: