Do you sweat WAY more than anyone else?

Options
Seriously, I'm dripping by the end of my workouts, like Zumba or Insanity, they have me pouring. But, as I look around the room, (Zumba) most of the people are not as sweaty as I am. Is this a genetic thing or what?

I feel alittle awkward at time since the other chicks have makeup on and aren't breaking a sweat and I'm over here, face red and soaked.

I wear a HRM and my HR can get up in the 180's so I know I'm working, but they also don't stop and keep up with the pace.

What gives!?

Replies

• sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    some people are sweatier than others. In fact sweat is not necessarily an indicator of how hard a person is working.

A former roommate of mine used to date a guy we just called "Sweaty". He would sweat in NY in January just sitting at the table.

I had a dance teacher growing up who would dance all day, every day, and never sweat on her head or face -- just at the small of her back and around her belly button.

I sweat quite a bit (while working out, thankfully not while sitting at a table in NY in January), and I used to feel self-conscious about it, especially when dancing ballroom or latin with a partner. I'm over it by now, but I still feel kinda gross after a spin class or a few hours salsa dancing though :)
  • EPortJake
    EPortJake Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I definitely used to sweat more when I was heavier, not so much now I'm slimmer.
  • small_ninja
    small_ninja Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    The more you workout, the more your body adapts to sweat easier; it becomes more efficient at beginning to cool you down at the earliest sign of exercise. Since you do Insanity, that might be forcing your body to sweat more even in low impact workout classes.
  • ssteinbring677
    ssteinbring677 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I always say a workout isn't a workout unless you leave with a soaked t-shirt. Don't have any shame about it! You're working your *kitten* off, and it's showing in sweat--and that's awesome!
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Cut back on your salty food, including processed meats.