Slow run & exercise log

Options
I run twice a week during the week. These two runs are more for speed than distance, so I average about an 11 minute mile. I've been wanting to start running on the weekends for distance and started today. I ran 7.54 miles but my average pace was 14 min/mile. The exercise database on MFP only goes up to a 12 minute mile. How do I log my run? I understand it's not fast by any stretch of the imagination but it's an improvement for me.

Replies

• Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I use http://www.runningahead.com/ Great site!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I run twice a week during the week. These two runs are more for speed than distance, so I average about an 11 minute mile. I've been wanting to start running on the weekends for distance and started today. I ran 7.54 miles but my average pace was 14 min/mile. The exercise database on MFP only goes up to a 12 minute mile. How do I log my run? I understand it's not fast by any stretch of the imagination but it's an improvement for me.

You can always add an exercise to the database, do you use a HRM to determine the calories burned?
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    When MFP didn't have the speed I wanted, I used an online calculator and added it. (I don't have an HRM.)
  • StephanieEmpson
    Options
    if you have a smart phone, you can try www.runkeeper.com and it will track you while you are doing your run by GPS. Then you can log the results on MFP.