• dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options
    Yes.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Yes.

But now I include them in my daily calorie goal and eat a very small percentage below my TDEE instead. But overall... yes.
  • Kristie18
    Kristie18 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    For a year I did not, I stuck to 1200 calories a day. Now I eat them back all of them :)
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    When I have a craving, physical hunger, or feel like I need an energy or mood boost. For me, they are a akin to a financial fun allowance: nice to have when something I need or want strikes, but I'm not going to spend the money just because it's there.
  • sh4690
    sh4690 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    straight up answer...

Unless drinking them back with vodka every once in a while counts..

then no, because I am never hungry enough to eat them back.

Some people do, some people don't. Personal choice :happy:

Do what you feel your body is telling you, if you're hungry, eat.
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Sometimes yes, sometimes no. 98 percent of the time I eat some of them

For example today I burned 800 calories because I went out to lunch & am not going out to dinner with my family. So I will probably eat them back today. Plus my BMR is 1350sh and my TDEE is 1560ish and most of the time 1350 calories is NOT enough on an exercise day...I think it's different for people who weigh more than I do or who are overweight because they are already allowed 1800 calorie a day since their TDEE and BMR are higher then mine...so long story short I think the lower your TDEE or BMR is the more important it is to at least eat back some because your body can't really function on such a low net intake .
  • 1MissMiles
    Options
    Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't.
  • SonKissed08
    Options
    I'm trying not to eat mine until I see some progress, once I'm focusing more on toning than trimming I'll probably eat them.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Yep enjoying every last one of them...... I use a Polar FT60 heart rate monitor to track my calorie burns and only eat back 85% of them leaving 15% for error.... Best of Luck
  • cheninaerin
    Options
    Some of them, I try not to eat all of them back because i'm trying to lose two pounds a week. However, I would caution using MFP's automatic calorie counts because they are oftentimes grossly overestimated and you could be doing yourself more harm then good, eating back more than you've burned.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Yep enjoying every last one of them...... I use a Polar FT60 heart rate monitor to track my calorie burns and only eat back 85% of them leaving 15% for error.... Best of Luck

good approach....I sometimes go even higher with the margin for error and eat back about 70% or so
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Yes, I usually eat most of my exercise calories, if not all.
  • chez_b
    chez_b Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    When I have a craving, physical hunger, or feel like I need an energy or mood boost. For me, they are a akin to a financial fun allowance: nice to have when something I need or want strikes, but I'm not going to spend the money just because it's there.

This - except that I try very hard not to eat for a 'mood boost.' But I only eat exercise calories if I'm truly hungry.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Ah by mood boost I should clarify that I mean for true moodiness (overly fatigued or irritable) not to indulge an emotional eating impulse. (I try not to do that because I'm not good at managing that once I get started.)
  • njgirl50
    njgirl50 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I do, depending on the day & what is going on - such as a birthday & I want a small piece of cake. Right now I am concentrating on losing weight & trying to stick to my allotted allowance.
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    My first month here I didn't know what I was doing. I was eating 1200 and exercising and not eating back those exercise calories. I stalled for weeks until I started eating my exercise calories. Then I kept upping my calories. It's been steady since then. A member here took a poll a while back and found that the people who ate their exercise calories or <20% under TDEE lost less lean body mass than those who didn't eat back their exercise calories.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I do, depending on the day & what is going on - such as a birthday & I want a small piece of cake. Right now I am concentrating on losing weight & trying to stick to my allotted allowance.

If you are using MFP the way it's meant to be used, then exercise cals are part of your allotted allowance.
  • rwalston86
    rwalston86 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I don't while I'm trying to lose weight =)