New to site... : )

Options
Hi! I'm new to this site... but not new to the world of weight loss! It's an on-going battle that I deal with and have dealt with for many years. I'll soon be turning 40 and I do not like how I feel or how I look! One of my problems is my job - while I love the job I basically just SIT all day long! And I know that plays a huge factor in why I can't lose this weight! I need to shed almost 100 pounds.... and yes, this has caused a few health issues... however, I refuse to take the meds they prescribed for these issues and know that the only way I am TRULY ever going to feel better is to get rid of this weight.

So.... here I am.

Replies

• HollyAnnH
    HollyAnnH Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Snoflak....Good for you! :flowerforyou:

You just have to keep moving. I know what it is like to have a job where you sit all day. I'm sitting here now! I had to work out a way that I can work out at the gym before work....this means getting up at 4:15AM, working out for 45 minutes, getting showered and ready for work at the gym and then driving there....this is still not my favorite thing....it takes time and effort to pack everything for the next day...not to mention getting out of bed earlier but I know that it will be worth it. I lost 1 pound in the last week already. :bigsmile:

My husband is working out too which helps. He encourages me and inspires me to keep doing it even when I really don't want to. A good support system will help you succeed. So "friend" me and we can encourage each other too.

I don't know if you have a Wii system, but Nick (my husband) bought us the Wii EA Active over the weekend. We really like it. It is a great way to work out at home that really does work you out. I like all the different exercises that are on there and that if I can't or don't make it to the gym I have this at home too.

Keep logging in and keep moving! :flowerforyou:
  • pyckse
    pyckse Posts: 84
    Options
    Glad you found this site!! It's great! There are so many supportive people here to help you along your journey!! Like HollyAnnH says, find a way to get moving...I have a job where I am in front of a computer most of the day as well....I get up on my lunch break and walk....stairs, hallways or run to the gym (close to my job) and get on the treadmill for a quick 30 minutes......This site has really helped me see how much I was eating in terms of calories...I used to think I had a good handle on the food choices I made but quickly realized after I started logging my foods that I was eating wayayyyyyyyyyyy more calories than I really needed!!! So good luck, look forward to seeing all of your successes!!! and WELCOME!!!:flowerforyou:
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP wishing you much success in your weight loss journey ..know that YOU CAN DO THIS ...again good luck
  • ncislandgirl
    ncislandgirl Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi...I know what you mean. I will be turning 40 soon as well and don't like how I feel or look so decided it was time to gain control. Been a member of MPF for about 3 weeks and love the support. Good luck and stay strong!
  • ractayjon
    ractayjon Posts: 365
    Options
    Take one day at a time - each night as you are lying in bed to go to sleep think of one thing that you can do tomorrow to MOVE - whether it is parking further thenyou usually would, taking the stairs, going for a walk during a break...and start to find a way to include movement into your day each day - counter the sitting all day with moving during the hours you arent working.
    For so long we (and im certainly generalizing) put everything before us - work before us, kids before us, relationships before us...even volunteer work before us...its time to put YOU in front.
    This site is GREAT..i became a member a week ago but have been using the site for inspiration for much longer. I had to be ready to change and now I am and it seems so are you!
  • Snoflak
    Snoflak Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the encouragement! I appreciate it! I'm on this "journey" with a friend.... except she lives in Texas and I live in Pennsylvania! LOL Gotta love text messaging!!! :bigsmile:

my trouble now is just getting that "extra" movement in! LOL I am, however, down 4.5 pounds this week so that really excited me this morning! I'm down a total of 13.5 since Thanksgiving so it is a slow process ~
  • Snoflak
    Snoflak Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the encouragement! I appreciate it! I'm on this "journey" with a friend.... except she lives in Texas and I live in Pennsylvania! LOL Gotta love text messaging!!! :bigsmile:

my trouble now is just getting that "extra" movement in! LOL I am, however, down 4.5 pounds this week so that really excited me this morning! I'm down a total of 13.5 since Thanksgiving so it is a slow process ~