I'm addicted to Kraft Mac and Cheese

Options
I think this substance should be banned by the federal government. I was raised on it and I occaisionally get the urge to eat too much of it. Funny, if I have a little bit of it it makes me have an insane craving for more of it. But if I have none of it, I may have the urge but I don't have the insane craving... but still it calls my name when I'm not looking (kidding).

Replies

• Brianna72994
    Options
    Loooove mac and cheese.
  • Maccbow
    Maccbow Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Yes!!!! :happy: I absolutely adore the stuff!! (LOVE really) I completely understand. Could eat tons of it... but, I'm not going to!!!! I'm focusing on my plan!! THAT makes me feel good too!!! (and no calories for that!) Yahoo!

Anyway, I have found that if I'm able to get through the toughest parts of these cravings, then, it starts to get easier, and easier. The tough parts come again, but, knowing that it will get easier is so helpful in getting me through that! I hope it would be for you as well!!
  • JustLindaLou
    JustLindaLou Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I grew up on Mom's and Grama's amazing from-scratch mac n cheese.... It wasn't until I was in my 30's and had a step-daughter that I was introduced to Kraft Mac n Cheese... and darned if I don't love it too LOL!!! I do make it for my 5 yo daughter and have a little bowl of it myself now and then, but fortunately my commitment to trying to eat as non-processed as possible has somewhat cured my tastebuds of liking that fake orangey goodness LOL!!!
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    It is totally my comfort food. Looooove KD!
  • AZDizzy
    AZDizzy Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    It's regularly my "cheat meal".
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    there is a place in Seattle that makes its own cheese....Beechers - - and they make a macaroni and cheese that i would probably KILL for..............so flippin good.......mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I've never had it, and never will. It just looks disgusting.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I like it with ketchup.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    the indicated serving size is enough to scare me to not eat it. Not worth it in the long run to me :indifferent:
  • kathyc727
    kathyc727 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    When I make it for my daughter, I have to check that it's "not too hot" way more than really necessary...she doesn't know that though. LOL
  • xo_Sarah_xo
    xo_Sarah_xo Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I actually had some today. I love it with ketchup and parmesan - it "fancies" it up! :smile: My child self would be horrified by this combination, I should add.

I usually limit it to once in a blue moon though...
  • JustLindaLou
    JustLindaLou Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    When I make it for my daughter, I have to check that it's "not too hot" way more than really necessary...she doesn't know that though. LOL

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: yep that is how I end up in trouble...
  • es2189
    es2189 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Try this recipe! It's pretty healthy and sooo good: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/09/skinny-baked-broccoli-macaroni-and.html
  • MissSusieQ
    MissSusieQ Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    i used to love it, but then they changed the recipe i think about 10 years ago, and i went right off it. still love the deluxe version (which is basically pasta and a can of cheese spread.. yuuuummm!!) and i've found that easy mac tastes like the old macaroni cheese.

but, it's terrible for me and i try my best to avoid it. like you, once i have a little bit i am powerless to resist eating more and more!
  • sheribrasington
    Options
    I have to make it for my girls, when I do and just have to have some....I cook a small amount of whole wheat noodles and add a little of the cheese in mine. Myself, I feel better knowing I can have what I want and choose a healthier way of eating it. :smile:
  • waterwing
    waterwing Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I miss that stuff so much! One of the benefits of living "overseas" is that I no longer have easy access to it.. although if I'm willing to pay $5-10 a box.. I can get my hands on some.. And some days.. I'm willing to pay that much!
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    It was the first thing I learned to make by myself as a kid. Definitely comfort food for me. I buy it and make it as a side dish for dinner about once a month. My family wishes I'd make it more but no. :laugh:
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Ironically I don't like the Kraft Mac and Cheese. I find the generic store brand to taste better.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    It's like crack. Just say no.
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean I made a box this week and called it 2 servings. I like to lie to myself some times.