Quick!! Help!!

jcompton3821
jcompton3821 Posts: 109
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm heading out to grab some lunch...I looked at Subways website and nutritional info and it says a 12" turkey on wheat with lettuce, tomatoes, pickles is 570 calories. If I get this and eat 1/2 now and 1/2 later for a snack is that ok? I have 974 calories left on my day....it just sounds to good to be true. I haven't overcome the always being hungry...I know I will eventually but right now the little 100 calorie snacks are just not cutting it!! So I thought hey, 285 for lunch and a snack!!! and then I still have 404 for dinner....so is this too good to be true!!!

Replies

• jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Subway is great for that, but if you watch your sodium I would get the oven roasted chicken instead, WAY less sodium. As long as you only eat half now and half later, no cheese or mayo you should be good!
    Enjoy! :flowerforyou:
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    I agree. The oven roasted chicken is yummy!
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,277 Member
    Now I'm hungry for Subway! Thanks for the tip about the oven roasted chicken instead of turkey! :wink:
  • Fruit is a really good snack that can help fill you up with almost no calories. You may want to try that instead of 100 calorie snack. Plus tons of vitamins!
  • ractayjon
    ractayjon Posts: 365
    No, its not to good to be true -- reality is if you eat "right" lean proteins, veggies, whole grains etc...food will be your friend. A sandwich on whole wheat bread with lots of veggies (lettuce, tomato, onions, pickles, peppers etc etc) is a great meal. The alternative is a ride through the McD's window where the equivalent weight in food is about 1000 calories. Eating can be fun you just have to make the right choices!
    Good JOB!
    Go and enjoy food again!
    PS...one of my fav's at subway is a salad....lots of veggies with some meat on it and balsamic vinegar as dressing....it satisfies my "eat out" need and fills my belly without adding bad foods.
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Subway is great! I usually get the footlong and use the 2nd half for another meal. If you have the calories for it, GO FOR IT! With all the veggies, and the whole grains, it's a great "good for you" fast food. I tip I heard on another board, if you're watching your sodium, is to ask them to scrape most of the bread out of the "shell," or the salads have a LOT less sodium because they don't have all the bread!:bigsmile:

Enjoy your lunch!

P.S. I like to have them put the red wine viniagrette on instead of mayo. It adds a few calories, but not many and it tastes GREAT!
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Now I'm hungry for Subway! Thanks for the tip about the oven roasted chicken instead of turkey! :wink:

Glad I could help! I actually went out and got one myself after posting this!
  • Thanks for all the encouragement!! I just ate 1/2 it was really yummy!!! I will def try the chicken next...I hate eating the same thing all the time!! I love this site and all the great people on it!!!
This discussion has been closed.