Sweet but healthy snack ideas

Options
Ok for all you out there who have trouble losing weight because you crave sweets... what are you substituting them for? I'm bored with my snacks already and craving sweets.

The only tip I can input (and it doesn't work for me because I crave solid food) is this -
Chocolate shake:
Banana (I find a whole too strong and only use half for an individual shake)
Cocoa powder (to taste)
Skim milk

Mix in a blender and voila! A yummy 'chocolate' shake that tastes like the real thing!

Replies

• TXBlockhead
    TXBlockhead Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I like the smart food popcorn clusters in the honey flavor. It's like you are eating Crunch N Munch and they have 5 grams of fiber! I also like the 100 calorie twinkies and the 100 calorie hostess cupcakes(these have 5 grams of fiber also).
  • mrsdonaheღ
    Options
    Also try Fiber One Chocolate and Oat Bars..VERY yummy and satisfying! Dannon Light N Fit Yogurts are good for the sweet tooth as well!
  • FriedPicklePrincess
    Options
    I got some of the 10 calorie sugar free Jell-O's - which help in a pinch when I just want to EAT something.

Also I like cutting up an apple and dipping into a yogurt. I'm a big sauce person (chips and dip, fries with ketchup, steak with ranch dressing) so this helps that urge.

I've also really gotten into hummus with baby carrots and cucumber slices. - not sweet I know!

Also a yogurt with a few pieces of shredded wheat mixed in for some crunch is good late at night. Just watch your portions!
  • cnbenton
    Options
    I like Brother's All Natural Fruit Crisps. They are little individual serving bags of freeze dried fruit. Nothing added to them so they are really good for you and almost no calories at all (like 35 per packet). Because of the freeze drying the sweetness of the fruit is intensified. They are great for me if I want a sweet treat or something crisp. They come in Fuji Apple, Asian Pean, and Strawberries and Bananas. I get them at Costso.
  • fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Cascade Farms Sweet and Salty bars. They are organic and SUPER yummy. I've tried the Chocolate Almond and the Pretzel and Peanut ones.
  • ace2009
    ace2009 Posts: 13
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas!
    How about some more organic/natural ideas? Anyone have any tips?