No more McDonald's... EVER!

Options
Hi everyone!

Yesterday I discovered something wonderful to disgust me from McDonald's for ever :tongue:

A friend of mine took a menu (while I was resisting the temptation). At the end, as we discussed, we were asking ourselves what does a McDonald's Menu looks like in out stomach. So we put all the leftovers (~6 fries, a bit of burger and about a spoon of Sundae) in his coke and mixed a little..... that was an olfactory apocalypse, I fell really awful and my friend went to throw up :sick:

Simply imagining that my stomach would smell this every time I eat at McDonald's has really cut any desire of burger :laugh:
(If you are addicted to McDonald's, try this... :tongue: )

Replies

• rwalston86
    rwalston86 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You are right! Fast food is bad for you no matter how "healthy they try to make it look" (Subway)...Food is like a drug. Especially fast food. If you have lived for years putting that stuff in your body it is going to take some serious detoxing and its going to be very difficult! ..But its worth it. I just visualizes all that food like poison or like pure Crisco. I wouldn't set down and eat a tub of Crisco and I'm not eating that stuff either! lol Awesome experiment btw!!!
  • Bettsy_A
    Bettsy_A Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    HAHAHA love it :D
    The famous chef, Anthony Bourdain once said the grossest thing he ever put in his mouth was a chicken mcnugget. He puts it up there with warthog rectum!
  • krzysiej
    krzysiej Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Fortunately I don't have big problem with McD, because it's not that cheap compared to my salary. So i can't afford to eat in McD everyday.
  • soulfulsally
    Options
    Just eating the hamburg patty alone is gross enough. My family wanted Mickey D's a couple weeks ago and I ordered a burger for myself. First time in over a year. I don't like the taste of bread, so that got tossed. Took a bite of the patty and wondered what the heck was I chewing. Even with the ketchup and mustard, It was dry and it had grainy texture to it. So gross. Can't believe I grew up on that stuff.
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Never say never and never say always. Lol. I think all foods would look nasty once digested in tummy :-/. Everything in moderation.
  • adiasun81
    Options
    I used to love dipping my fries in my thickshakes. Emphasis on 'used to'.

Mickey D's is nasty stuff!!

(Though, at 2 o'clock in the morning, after a night of many drinks, sometimes, I just can't help myself) ;)
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I think all those fast food restaurants are nasty and never go to them. My kids maybe get it once or twice a year maximum. I actually rarely even go to restaurants anymore because I like to know what is in my food and cannot do so unless I am the one making it. I really can't eat anything there anyway, I don't eat gluten or land animals. Not worth the upset stomach either. blach.
  • Jigglebewie
    Jigglebewie Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Yeh it does make me think twice now.. especially after seeing this>>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uHxRwQqWFo&feature=related
  • poolside1
    Options
    The convenience of McDonalds if what I find the hardest to pass up. After working a 12 hour shift, it is sometime hard to come home and cook. The one thing that helps is having a menu planned for the week. Looking at the calories of McDonalds food helps too!
  • twonkieone
    Options
    by me they have the calories listed beside every item --- hell to the no!!! i took my kids there yesterday for the first time in 4 months --- insane!!!!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Never say never and never say always. Lol. I think all foods would look nasty once digested in tummy :-/. Everything in moderation.

My motto: Almost never say never!
  • _Alkaline
    _Alkaline Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am going to go ahead and say I think anything masticated and blended together looks disgusting, I don't like mcdonalds because its filled with too much fake foods and flavor enhancers and I was lucky enough to hear the workers talk about their current rat infestation once.
  • Julicat6
    Julicat6 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    The convenience of McDonalds if what I find the hardest to pass up. After working a 12 hour shift, it is sometime hard to come home and cook. The one thing that helps is having a menu planned for the week. Looking at the calories of McDonalds food helps too!

I work 12's too. but before I pick McD's I would get the microwave steamer meals with pasta, sauce, veggies and even meat and keep them in the freezer. I add extra veggies since there is more than enough sauce. it takes less time than stopping at a drive-thru and if you serve it into disposable bowls, no dishes either:0 And yes, before anyone gets on their high horse about using disposables, I KNOW, I KNOW, but it's still better than stopping at McD's.
  • mprezn
    mprezn Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    i could NEVER stop eating McDonalds ever.... i think if you eat it in moderation... its ok.. :)
    In January this year some friends and i did a MONTH without - McDonalds, Hungry Jacks, KFC and Red Rooster and i struggled so bad. BUT by the end of the month i didnt crave it as much as i used to. But i guess knowing you cannot have something makes you want it more.
    Now i only have it on occasion.. which is a big step because only a few years ago id have it about 4 times a week.
    I think id go mental if i never ate another cheeseburger again.
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Well, to be fair, all food looks the same when it comes out in the end. It is all equally disgusting at that point.
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Anything mixed up looks nasty. I use to puree whatever i cooked for my kiddos when they were babies and it all looked nasty. Take a homemade shrimp taco (my all time fav) and throw it in the blender and it will probably look gross. But I will still eat them, not just blended.
  • SuperstarDJ
    SuperstarDJ Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I haven't eaten McDonalds in over 20 years because it's a lot of kcals for very little satiety. Also, it all smells the same; what's that about?

And yes, any food is disgusting when it's being digested. I have been present at several autopsies and the worst smell is when they open the stomach. Oh lordie, there really is no worse smell in the world :(
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    What they sell at McDonald's can not rightly be called food. Eww!

Give me an Arby's roast beef any day! :tongue:
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    I don't like McDonald's to begin with, but reading the opening post made me lose my appetite for eating anything right now.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I still go to McDonalds, but I usually only get a bottled water or a coffee, and once in a blue moon fries...I love them damn fries...mmmm mmmm good. There's a Jack In the Box "restaurant" near my work, and when I started trying to lose weight, and I felt really hungry, i would buy two hamburgers, throw away the bread and pickles and just eat the meat...that stuff had the texture of leather, and was heavily, heavily salted. Fortuantely it's a taste I out grew.