Thse who have lost in the chest and arms (women)

Options
HOW the h-e-(double hockey sticks) did you do it?

I have gone from a size 20 to a size 14 in jeans in 90 days.. yet, i look like a damn football player in the shoulders, amrs and boobs!

I run on the elliptical 5 days a week (3-5 miles)

I do "push ups" off the counter, hands together, on my toes (three sets of 20, twice a day, 5 days a week)

I take a filled two liter bottle over and behind my head and do lifts (three sets of 20 twice a day, 5 days a week)

Plus leg exercises, like toe and heel lifts, squats (same, three sets of 20, twice a day, 5 days a week)

and i also do some form of crunches, no way to explain it... its gentle, as i have broken my neck, so its very low key... but i do those also.. for stomach muscles, same.. threee sets of 20, twice a day, 5 days a week, as tolerated by my neck, per my injury...

Now... other than bicep curls (which i have done in the past)

what else can i do to SLIM DOWN my shoulders, boobs and arms?????

I live in the country. No gym available *2 hours away, too expensive, not to mention gas* no weights, no nothing. its me, nature and the normal everyday things that surround me. My only real "obsticales" are my COPD and fibromyalgia, but i can work through those.. taking it easy on days im in pain, and using medication to help with breathing. I run to assist with breathing also. I MAKE NO EXCUSES. I want to be lean, not full.. of excuses! =)

Im tired of looking like a linebacker!!!!!! HELP!!

Replies

• Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Keep losing weight. You can't pick where the weight comes off. I currently having a love/hate session with my thighs, but I just have to keep losing weight.

There's o point worrying about specific exercises while you're still in the process of losing excess weigh. You can't spot red
    Ce.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Keep losing weight. You can't pick where the weight comes off. I currently having a love/hate session with my thighs, but I just have to keep losing weight.

There's o point worrying about specific exercises while you're still in the process of losing excess weigh. You can't spot red
    Ce.

^^ This

Mine is coming off my thighs and waist, but nothing off the arms and *too* slowly at the hips. Your brain doesn't get to pick.

You can try doing some strength training. That helps you lose inches.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    HOW the h-e-(double hockey sticks) did you do it?

I have gone from a size 20 to a size 14 in jeans in 90 days.. yet, i look like a damn football player in the shoulders, amrs and boobs!

I run on the elliptical 5 days a week (3-5 miles)

I do "push ups" off the counter, hands together, on my toes (three sets of 20, twice a day, 5 days a week)

I take a filled two liter bottle over and behind my head and do lifts (three sets of 20 twice a day, 5 days a week)

Plus leg exercises, like toe and heel lifts, squats (same, three sets of 20, twice a day, 5 days a week)

and i also do some form of crunches, no way to explain it... its gentle, as i have broken my neck, so its very low key... but i do those also.. for stomach muscles, same.. threee sets of 20, twice a day, 5 days a week, as tolerated by my neck, per my injury...

Now... other than bicep curls (which i have done in the past)

what else can i do to SLIM DOWN my shoulders, boobs and arms?????

I live in the country. No gym available *2 hours away, too expensive, not to mention gas* no weights, no nothing. its me, nature and the normal everyday things that surround me. My only real "obsticales" are my COPD and fibromyalgia, but i can work through those.. taking it easy on days im in pain, and using medication to help with breathing. I run to assist with breathing also. I MAKE NO EXCUSES. I want to be lean, not full.. of excuses! =)

Im tired of looking like a linebacker!!!!!! HELP!!

I too want to avoid the bulky shoulders! ok-sized biceps and triceps. Traps and lats.. yeaaah, not so much!
    You can't pick and chose where you lose weight (That I don't care much..any fat weight loss is OK by me) , but I believe, somewhere, out there.. is a technique for NOT bulking up some muscles and not others.

If you find the answer, in box me? pretty please? I'll throw cherries at you!
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    You just have to lose more weight. That's it.

Don't worry, it will come off eventually as you lose more weight. You won't look like a linebacker at your goal weight.
  • MoniMoni2u
    MoniMoni2u Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are rocking this and are on your way to your goal. Great job so far.

I totally understand! Several things that can help. The next time you are close to a mall run in and get a bra fitting. (Not at Victoria's Secret.) Go to a Macy's, Dillards, Nordstroms, JCPenney's, Kohls...someplace like that a get a couple of new bras that will keep the girls where they need to be. (I get measured every single time I get a bra. Also, I always go up a band width from my measurement. What I measure and what I'm comfortable in are always different! :) )

Also, find some shirts that aren't so big on you as a t-shirt. Even if it is just a fitted T-shirt. Something that will tuck in at the waist. I have gotten into the habit of wearing t shirts everyday as well and it does nothing to give us a womanly figure that is for sure. Even if it's not every day, just changing it up sometimes!!!
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    The fat sort of just comes off wherever it feels like unfortunately. I leaned out all over from weight lifting mostly.
  • shyeban
    shyeban Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Maybe you just need to learn to dress for your shape in the meantime? I have big boobs and I've learned to dress around them so I look slimmer instead of gigantic. It's much easier now that I'm more confident with my midsection (although it's my worst area still)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    they started off with a genetically different body type than yours. as others have pointed out, you can't spot reduce fat. your body determines how fat comes off genetically, so if you're an apple shape you're going to lose like like apple shape regardless of the exercises that you do.

but for what's it worth, my main exercise has been lifting heavy weights doing compound lifts (strong lifts) and i've been burning lots of fat. i'm a sorta hourglass so i still lose like an hourglass which means the majority of my loss has come from my midsection even though i dont do any core exercises.

just keep doing what you're doing to lose weight and you'll notice some change
  • kjw1031
    kjw1031 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    We're just all different.

I'm losing in the opposite pattern than you - - - I've gone down a shirt size and had to go to the inner hooks on my bras, but have not yet lost a whole pant size.

Just keep going and your top will get smaller!
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for all the help! While im SUPER pleased with the pants size.. i mean.. who wouldnt be? i just feel like i look funny now! LOL!

Thanks so much!! :flowerforyou:
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Just keep on keeping on! I lose fist in my arms and belly, but my butt and legs do NOT budge. I wish we got to have a checklist to send to our brains for where we wanted it to come from.