Hello All

Options
Just wanted to get my name out there as a fresh person. I was on this site a long while back but didn't really do anything with it. Just kinda started going the last three days.

It's kinda funny. I've come up with tons of reasons to get healthier. Health, looks, energy, etc, etc... but I never followed through with it. Then suddenly I just started to eat better. Granted I feel like I'm starving (which I don't think I actually am) and the vending machines at work taunt me endlessly. But so far so good.

Haven't really done much in the exercise department. A little here and there. Tried P90X and threw up in the middle of Day 1. I think I need to start smaller. lol.

Feel free to give me a shout and let me know how you are doing.

Replies

• hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    hello

I am stuck between 109 and 111 kilos - fed up with being told I don't eat enough.

Survival plan: set your goal(s) - make your plan - follow it

good luck
  • danholden4006
    danholden4006 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thanks man. I'm currently sitting at about 105 kilos. I want to get down to about 82 but I think I might be pushing it.

So far I've set up my caloric intake goals and modified some of my eating. I tend to have a habit of quitting stuff a little too easily so I'm going to keep this going for a week and see how I do. I'm thinking if I stop thinking BIG picture and eat my sandwich one bite at a time, I might just pull this off.
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Not pushing it at all - just won't happen overnight.

Do you know the fable about the Hare and the Tortoise (I think it is one of Aesop's Fables and sometimes has "Achilles and the Tortoise)?

The tortoise wins every time

slowly, slowly and expect to be frustrated when the weight loss sticks for a while - it always does. I know, I've lost weight hundreds of times (but up to now it has always found its way back home, like a lost puppy - hey! maybe that's why they call it "Puppy Fat"?) I need a disguise so it won't find me so I'm trying to look like a thin person)
  • LauriePar
    LauriePar Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    It really goes to show that losing weight and getting healthy is a frame of mind. Today is only my second day and I really feel like I am inthe "zone". Perhaps that is what you are feeling right noe too! You are right- take exercise a little at a time! Good luck--you really sound so successful already!