SO unfit

Options
2»

Replies

• leofink
    leofink Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    When I started, I did the DVD until I couldn't go anymore. Originally, that meant that I was uncomfortable. I added minutes to the workout each time. Then I tried another workout. Then I started adding weight lifting days and alternated with cardio.

I do enjoy the workouts I do now because I keep the ones I like (mostly kickboxing DVD's for cardio and lifting heavy barbells for weights), and scrap the ones I don't. But during the workout, I've grown to enjoy the struggle. Because change doesn't come without a struggle. Putting myself in that uncomfortable, gasping for air state... that's where I force change upon my body. But I had to work up to that.

And after you've had a workout like that, you start to feel like kind of a badass for a little while after that. And that rocks.
  • Arexxx
    Arexxx Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    YES! :D

I tried the 30 day shred a few months ago, nearly died in 5 minutes.

Now I can do it without working up a sweat, and I can JOG. A bit of hard work goes a long way
  • Ella_Bee
    Options
    It does get easier.

I started walking to/from work (round trip 9miles) & cut my walking time down by 8mins the first week.
    This coming week I'm adding in a couple of hills as well as doing hitting the gym 3x for weights sessions on the way home.

The main thing is that YOU have started. It's 10mins now but slowly increase it per day or per week. Before you know it you'll smash that DVD session & want more :smile:
  • sarabshi
    Options
    I really hope so ..

Thank you all for your kindness :)
  • Julicat6
    Julicat6 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Try wearing two bras...it wil help! And soon you will be making it throught the entire DVD and think...WOW...is that all!! good luck and keep us informed!

^^THIS^^ Same problem, same solution. I wear a very supportive under-wire bra topped by a sports bra for high intensity, especially for Zumba...my Favorite instructor has one song that repeats the line "bounce, Baby, Bounce" and that's what we do, but the "girls" stay contained and comfortable.
    And, yes, it gets easier, just do one extra minute per day from where you started and in less than a month you will be able to finish the workout. GOod Luck and Keep it up.
  • Love2lift72
    Love2lift72 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Yes!! It does get easier. I just started exercising 2 weeks ago. I have not done anything for any duration for 12 years now. LOL I started with Walk Away the Pounds 2 mile. I thought I would be able to do it. I did.... but it was tough. I think the thing that made it doable for me was that it no impact. DH has had great results with Insanity and wanted me to try that, but I said no way because I knew I wouldn't be able to keep up. Now in the last 2 weeks I've not only gotten to the point where the 2 mile is quite doable, but I've tried the 3 mile. It was tougher but I know it won't be a problem. Good luck.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    We were all unfit when we started. But we kept going. Time is the only difference between you and the rest of us.

No, it does not get easier.

You get tougher
  • cbrrabbit25
    cbrrabbit25 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    once you start seeing results, it gets easier to push yourself!