Give me strength!

Options
So, here I am, sitting in my office eating my lunch. My healthy, calorie concious lunch! This lady I work with comes back from going out to lunch and is talking very loudly outside my office about how she went to Panera and got the most decadent mac and cheese. Suddenly, my Boca Chik'n sandwich with mustard and light Pringles no longer are satisfying. I'm only on week 1! I haven't even weighed in for the first time! I hate cravings!

Replies

• Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Ughh I hear yah! Someone i work with went to wendys..to WENDYS! lol
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Panera has soooo many healthy choices! How dare she talk about the worse thing there?! Don't cave :smile:

~Leash :heart:
  • gummibaehr
    Options
    Maybe next time you hear her talking, you'll be 5 pounds lighter and she'll be talking very loudly about how she gained 5 pounds and has no idea why! Then you can smile to yourself and be happy about your Boca Chik'n sandwich with mustard and light Pringles! :wink:

Keep thinking positive and do what's good for your body! You can do it!!
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    Feel proud that you are doing something good for your body. Just think how much better your lunch is for your body than junk. In the long run your body will thank you. When you get closer to your goal you will know it was all worth it. Just stay strong and be proud of your healthier choices.
  • ractayjon
    ractayjon Posts: 365
    Options
    you can get through it...when you are 5 pounds thinner and she is still getting mac and cheese...think of that feeling!!
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Miss_Chievous_wechange Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Just focus on your goals. Besides, what that lady ate was loaded with calories and fat. You are on your way to a healthy and fit body while she is ruining hers. Stay focused and do not let anyone discourage you.
  • Ashia1317
    Ashia1317 Posts: 415
    Options
    Yep. I hear ya. I work in a shop with a bunch of men that are not calorie conscience nor are the healthy at all. Their favorite lunch place is McDonalds. Trust me, there are days when I really want to trade in my bland salad for a good, juicy Chicken meal or McDouble burger. Men!!

But there's a reason why we are choosing our healthy roads. It will sooo pay off in the end!

(I wish it were just as tasty somedays! LOL)
  • JustAmy
    JustAmy Posts: 291
    Options
    I just try to remind myself that I've eaten that before and someday I can eat it again as a treat.

There are healthy recipes for mac and cheese too you could try!

Hang in there and good luck!
  • DTFaaron
    Options
    hang in there till your first weigh in. Once you see that you lost weight, it'll motivate you to fight those cravings.
  • tayner
    tayner Posts: 372
    Options
    how you feel about yourself a year from now depends on the choices you make today! If i were to bet, you will feel much better about yourself in 2011 than she will!

Besides, when all is done, you will both be full and it wont have mattered what it was she ate!

It WILL get easier to eat healthy... just stick with it.. and good luck to you
  • boricua3177
    boricua3177 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Just like the others said....hang in there. Finish what you brought in for lunch and feel satisfied that you are getting closer to your goal! :flowerforyou:
  • melanieann48111
    Options
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I finished my lunch and drank some water and I'm full now. I feel good about not giving up. I just needed that extra motivation from you all to get through that moment of weakness! Thanks!
  • Ang8178
    Ang8178 Posts: 308
    Options
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I finished my lunch and drank some water and I'm full now. I feel good about not giving up. I just needed that extra motivation from you all to get through that moment of weakness! Thanks!

Way to go with sticking to it! I've been on here for 11days and the first 7 were very hard with temptation for me. It does get better. I live with a crazy man (my husband) who eats like a horse!!! Let me tell you, when he would start to cook I'd glare at him as I was eatting my salad!!! I wanted to kill him the first 3 days!!!

Now it doesn't bother me, I know you will get to a point your mouth doesn't water at the smell or description of other people's yummy fatty meals, untill then keep up the good work :flowerforyou: