Oh I SUCK!!!

Options
I have just been struggling so bad for the last few weeks. I normally have such good sense about myself when I'm trying to lose weight. I have just lost my focus. I know what I want but my 'emotional eating' gets the best of me. Stress, boredom, tiredness, all those things just make me want to EAT. I know I shouldn't and I still go right ahead and do it. Thank God I haven't gained a horrid amount and I'm losing ounces still. I really need to get back in gear. I want to be at or very close to 100 pounds lost by 2/2 (my 1 year anniversary on MFP) and with all this self sabotage I don't think I will be.

I just had to get this out there. I hope by posting it I'll see it over and over and remember what I'm doing.

Replies

• ku2004
    ku2004 Posts: 1
    Options
    Well I am inspired by you. You have lost 89 lbs in almost a year and that is great. I just startedon MFP and I have only lost a couple LBS, I am just getting started on my diet and I wish I could have the same results you have had 1 year from now. Keep strong, I know you can do it. I like to treat myself with something specials once a week. Maybe you should reward yourself on the good days.
  • tayner
    tayner Posts: 372
    Options
    you can do it... good luck to you!

but, using food as a reward is a scary road to go down... food should be a fuel.. reward yourself with something completely not related to food IMO...
  • birgithooker
    Options
    I do the same thing. Don't beat yourself up. I have decided that I will only have healthy snacks in my house now. That way when I want to snack, my only options are healthy ones. I have a cookie addiction so I have sought out and tweeked some cookie recipes so I can get my fix. My favs right now are a peanut butter recipe I found online and tweaked. They taste fabulous and I will post them on the recipe blog. Don't beat yourself up. You are human.
  • gummibaehr
    Options
    You've lost 89 pounds so far! You don't suck! You're AWESOME!! Just keep at it! YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Maybe try a hobby? I like to sew and I pick it up when I feel stressed. It helps a lot and keeps me distracted from eating when I'm bored.
  • Susana_Brooks
    Options
    First off, way to go with losing 89 pounds!!! That is truly something to be incredibly proud of!

We all have our slip ups now and again. I, too, eat for the same reasons but mostly I eat when I'm bored. What I've found to be helpful is that when you are feeling any of those emotions, instead of eating, try to do something active. I have replaced eating with exercising, or even little activities, like cleaning, organizing, playing with the dog, going window shopping. Anything besides eating. A lot of times you will find these other activities even more rewarding than eating, because you don't feel bad about it afterward.

Good luck to you and don't worry about the occasional slip up...
  • cdickey
    cdickey Posts: 230
    Options
    Thanks everybody. I appreciate all your comments. I do intend to do better. No more excuses. I was reading one of the Success posts about what was the moment that made you start losing. I posted there about wanting to take my son to an amusement park this summer and not wanting to be embarrassed about not fitting into the rides. We will be voting this Saturday about where the trip will be to. I HOPE HOPE HOPE it's to a park and I know I'll have to lose some more to be comfortable. That will get me going for sure. I haven't given up, I'm still trying. I'm just hoping this will give me more incentive. That and the fact that my boys noticed the other day that I have a little bit of a lap now. That helps.