I lost almost a pound between yesterday and today...help?

Options
I've been trying to lose weight for years, and then suddenly this past week I lost like three pounds. I don't really see it, so I'm thinking it's water weight. Has this happened to anyone else? If it is water weight, will I gain it back? I'm freaking out, because I've been doing the same thing that I've been doing, and I'm losing weight everyday.

Replies

• rcalvert1
    rcalvert1 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I dont have the answer to your question really. Ive lost 2 lbs in the last 2 days. I have only logged 1 of those 2 because Im a bit skeptical too. IMO, just keep doing what you are doing.
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    i thought the same but its stayed off for 2 months
  • LeggyAmericanGirl
    LeggyAmericanGirl Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    If you weigh daily you will see lbs go up and down constantly. Thats why they say once a week. I would take measurements too b/c sometimes you lose 0lbs but you are losing fat or water.

Yes you prolly lost water, if you want to know your true weight I wouldnt eat for a while make sure you have gone to bathroom and that will be your true weight. I usually weigh around noon if i havent eaten breakfast.
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    over the years I've found I always find the stuff I lost
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    It can take awhile for your efforts to show up as weight loss. I wouldn't be too concerned about day-to-day changes, though. A lot of that is a function of fluid, the food still in your system when you weigh, etc.
  • rogerbosch
    rogerbosch Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Have your visits to the bathroom increased? It's probably that you're losing water - and that can have a lot of causes… Don't worry, I had lost a lot of water weight after I stopped creatine (which before had made my body retain a lot of water) - you can read it http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/rogerbosch/view/my-creatine-adventure-417253
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it, probably water. I lost 2.5 pounds overnight on Friday, it is back this morning. In my case it was most likely booze caused dehydration
  • kzooprincess
    kzooprincess Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I was 184.0 and today I weighed in at 182.4. I blame it on water weight as I had a few meals out this past week. Drank a lot of water Friday night and all of yesterday. Guess I'm flushing out all that excess.
  • Ruthe8
    Ruthe8 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose weight and it's working!! Help!!
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've lost up to 8 lbs in one day. Had to drop weight for a wrestling tournament. Water weight can fluctuate several pounds on a daily basis.
  • careyannal
    Options
    When do you expect to lose it? If you're trying to lose weight, it has to drop at some point right
  • chasing_trains
    Options
    The thing that worries me is that it isn't going up and down, it's just going down, and I don't exercise that much. So I was wondering what causes that much weight loss without exercise.
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    The thing that worries me is that it isn't going up and down, it's just going down, and I don't exercise that much. So I was wondering what causes that much weight loss without exercise.

You do not need to exercise to lose weight, just living & breathing uses calories, so if you eat less than you use daily you will lose weight

Exercise helps to keep you trim, firm up muscles, good for heart etc, but not strictly required for weight loss
  • GypsysBloodRose26
    GypsysBloodRose26 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Weight fluctuates. If you are going to panic if you weigh yourself everyday, only weigh yourself once a week. That will give you an accurate idea of what you weightloss actually is.