32lbs lost and I can see a diference

Options
Lisha_R
Lisha_R Posts: 92 Member
I started my journey to get myself to a normal BMI July 27 of this year. I saw a candid picture of myself in my daughters yearbook. I was beyond moritified. Who was that fat woman who looked so unhapp?. I decided enough was enough and went cold turkey. Eating basic foods no processed food/fast foods and drinking at least 2-3 liters of water a day. The water was a huge thing for me. It helped me so much to drink that much water. I think I was thirsty and body told me I was hungry.

I started logging on myplate but found it difficult. Then I found MFP and have been here 65 days. I started at 1200 calories like most of you. After a few weeks and reading more and more post I upped my calories to 1500. Then I found In place of a road map http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

What Dan wrote made sense to me. I did not want to loose muscle while loosing fat. I wanted to keep my muscle to burn calories for me. So I upped my calories to between 1700-1800/day. I am now lifting 3x a week and light cardio 3x a week. I have not gotten to heavy lifting yet but I am working on it. WIth eating right my fitbit and workouts I have lost 32lbs.

So here is a before 265 and progress as of now 232. I see a difference. I have only recieved comments from my parents and husband so far.
265.jpg232-1.jpg
I cant get the pictures to show. If anyone know what I am doing wrong let me know.

Replies

• heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Change your IMGs to imgs
  • Lisha_R
    Options
    Change your IMGs to imgs

Thanks.
  • cgarand
    cgarand Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I see a difference too! Your face shape has changed and your skin glows. Keep up the good work!
  • nsdjogger
    Options
    I see it, too!
  • frj85
    frj85 Posts: 62
    Options
    great job!
  • Lisha_R
    Options
    I see a difference too! Your face shape has changed and your skin glows. Keep up the good work!

That glow is just my white girl showing through. LOL. Its nice to see progress because I still have a long way to go. Seeing this helps me keep going forward OP.

Thank you everyone for letting me share.
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    GREAT pictures! Keep up the good work!
  • fat2fitKara
    Options

This! Your skin is beautiful!

I can't blieve more people haven't commented on how great you look! Keep it up, your hard work is really showing! :happy:
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    wow you look so much younger and healthier. cant believe how much weight you lost from your face (in a good way!)! keep up the good work. you look so healthy.
  • NuggetLovesEdie
    NuggetLovesEdie Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I can totally see the difference too.

Good job!
  • LAWoman79
    LAWoman79 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! It's a huge difference, and you look FANTASTIC!!!
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I see a huge difference. You look amazing. I have lost 13 pounds but unfortunately I don't feel different. I still feel just as fat as I always have. :(
  • YoYo1951
    YoYo1951 Posts: 370
    Options
    Wow, you can certainly see the difference. Keep up the good work, and don't fret that others aren't noticing. If your are employed, it is sexual harassment to even mention a person looks whatever.... we all have to be so politically correct nowaday. I think you look great. :happy:
  • Lisha_R
    Options
    I see a huge difference. You look amazing. I have lost 13 pounds but unfortunately I don't feel different. I still feel just as fat as I always have. :(

I did not either until I looked back on a before picture. Keep a before picture to look at and it will help motivate you. I still have a lot of weight to get rid of but this makes me feel I am making a difference.
  • ashleen7
    ashleen7 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Your skin glows and you look years younger! Keep up the good work!
  • Lisha_R
    Options
    The glow might be because I am actually hydrated for the first time in years. Thanks everyone for your kind words. Its nice to see results from working so hard.
  • 1234terri
    1234terri Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Wonderful change for you, you look great! I think your story so far shows you'll keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!