Taking weekends off to maintain

Options
Hey guys, First time poster long time user of this site, I've lost 70 pounds since last March. I want to maintain my look right now, and I have a problem with binge eating on weekends. I go to college and diet strictly no carbs during mon-fri then friday when I go back home around 4pm I eat everything in site till i leave sunday night around 7pm... During the week I only eat around 1200-1800 calories, I lift weights 3 days a week and do cardio twice a day monday-friday... Now I know most are going to say it's not healthy but I really enjoy taking the weekends off it's a good mental booster and I have a blast with my family.. Is it possible to maintain my weight by doing this? I'm not looking to lose anymore because when I got into the 190s my face was VERY thin. Almost unheatlhy looking. I have a ripped build now I have alot of muscle I did my bloodwork and It was perfect. What do you guys think?

Replies

• Ginerrva
    Ginerrva Posts: 226
    Options
    I do the same, and I haven't gained anything =] Just try not to let the weekend habit seep into the week.
  • mnicassio89
    Options
    Awesome! :) thanks for the response!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Or just eat to maintenance every day of the week, thereby stopping the weekend binges that are caused by cutting out carbs during the week....?
  • liesevanlingen
    liesevanlingen Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I figure as long as you're not binging crazy (like eating a couple pints of ice cream for breakfast or something) and you can keep your healthy eating and exercising up for the rest of the week, why not? If you're not gaining weight or making yourself sick, it shouldn't cause you any problems.
  • mnicassio89
    Options
    Because Toad, I live away from my family during the week and we kinda have like a party for when I come back. I don't mind dieting during the week, plus it's easy to structure my meals at school/work.