Suddenly needing a lot of food to feel full?

Options
taiyola
taiyola Posts: 964 Member
All of a sudden I seem to have developed a massive appetite! I've been making my usual meals, and within an hour or so I'm hungry again.

It's just like I'm constantly hungry, yet my activity levels have decreased as I've gone from an active job where I was on my feet for 7 hours a day, to an office job where I'm sat down a lot.

The other day within the space of around two hours I had the following:
A cereal bar
An apple
Some pineapple
A wholemeal pitta with veggie 'ham', Feta cheese, and salad
3 glasses of no-added-sugar squash
1 cup of coffee
Half a plate of chips I shared with a friend
& 2 chocolate fairy cakes which our trainer made

So it wasn't like I was dehydrated or thirsty, and I'd had breakfast a couple of hours before that which was a glass of a protein shake I'd made and a coffee.

I'm not pregnant and it's not TOM. This has been going on for a few weeks now. My stomach's literally growling and I'm very hungry... even though I only ate just under 2 hours ago. My lunch was a Quorn 'chicken' stir-fry, mixed veggies and wholegrain rice all in lime juice & chilli flakes.

Has anyone else had this? :/ I'm not sitting around thinking about food and wanting to eat because we're busy at work learning loads of new things, and my stomach physically hurts and grumbles.

My calorie goal is 1550 a day, btw, so it's not like I'm starving myself of foods or anything either!

ETA: I've started taking Mebeverine tablets over the past 3-ish weeks. Could it possibly be that? :/

Replies

• bebbabee
    bebbabee Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I know EXACTLY what you mean. What climate do you live in? For me, in NY, it has been getting much colder these last couple of weeks, and I've found that my belly starts growling within an hour of eating something! It used to take 2-3 hrs. It has been shown in studies that your body responds to cold weather by wanting to warm up and/or store fat, so you just have to be careful. Check out this article:
    http://community.weightwatchers.com/Blogs/ViewPost.aspx?threadID=1535191

Hope this helps! :)