Protein shakes. 100 cal = how many grams protein?

Options
I'm trying to decide what to carry with me for a 100-cal protein boost after working out at the gym. I want as much protein as possible for ~100 calories.

So far I have turned up the following 100-calorie options:

Chicken - Breast, roasted, 2 oz = 106 calories ===> 20 grams of protein. (cost ~ 50 cents)
Eggs Large- Hardboiled, 1.5 eggs = 105 calories ===> 9 grams of protein. (cost ~ 20 cents)
Cottage cheese - Lowfat, 1%, 5.3 oz = 108 calories ===> 19 grams of protein. (cost ~60 cents)

I don't know anything about protein shakes, so I am asking if anyone is willing to look at your container of protein powder and figure out how many grams of protein it would give me for 100 calories?

Replies

• LadySylvanas
    LadySylvanas Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I have promax, it says: 1 scoop (30g serving ) = 120 calories = 24.3 g protein

about £1 per serving
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    There are pre mixed Muscle Milk lites that have 100 or 110 calories with I think 18 grams of protein (I may be off a bit but something like that).
  • coliecat8
    Options
    chobani or other greek yogurts have at least 10g and as much as 18g protein
    egg whites are also good at 17cal/egg white and 4g protein. so like 6 egg whites would be 24g protein and 102 calories. throw some veggies in there too!
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    A scoop of the Body Fortress (protein powder from walmart) has 140g, but 26g of protein.
  • mermer45
    mermer45 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    If you only want to consume 100 calories then 20 grams of protein might be a little too much as this would take up 80 of the hundred calories. To help assimilate protein more effectively you should also include some carbs in the after workout .
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Thank you to everyone who replied. I also appreciate the suggestion that I pair with more carbo.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I like to eat a 6oz Oikos 0% plain greek yogurt and add a handful of blueberries or raspberries. The yogurt itself is 80 calories and 15 grams of protein.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    the most you're gonna get would be 25 grams.....and that would be all protein.

so the chicken ranks highly. tuna wouldn't be a bad option either.
    eggs are still a great option as well, not as much protein, but they should be somewhere in your diet, IMO.