New with lots to lose

Hi all,

I'm fairly new to MFP, or at least newly back to using it. I'm Sarah, I'm a mum of 4 trying to juggle working full time as well as studying for a degree plus I get married in just under 2 years.

I'm very overweight and have a lot to lose. I find it difficult to exercise a lot as I have ME/CFS but I walk to and from walk so am getting some activity that way. I need to change my snacking habits mostly as the meals we eat as a family are pretty healthy anyway - no-one else in the house is even close to being overweight which is good but slightly depressing too!

So I'm afraid it's out with the chocolate digestives and in with the healthier snacks. Plus I need to review portion sizes a bit. I'm hoping to lose 1 or 2 pounds a week so small changes and a bit more monitoring (and a little less dieters amnesia!) should be sufficient to do that.

I'm interested in making friends on here with others who have a fair bit to lose (at the moment I'm aiming for 60lbs but my final target is likely to be more than that) as I'm going to be here a while!

Sarah
x

Replies

• Gna13
    Gna13 Posts: 19 Member
    Hi Sarah,

Feel free to add me. I am working on getting in better shape. I have about 40lbs to lose and if you need any tips or motivation I would be happy to help.

Gina
  • jollyjax
    jollyjax Posts: 8 Member
    Add me if you like Sarah ... have a target of 70pounds so will be around a long time as well :)

Good Luck and look at the losses not the length of the journey

Bob