Protein Bars and Powders

Options
Can you recommend the best tasting protein bar or powder that has huge protein numbers but low calories? Thanks!

Replies

• PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    It seems everyone has a different idea of what tastes great. If you do a forum search, I bet you can find pages and pages of recommendations.
    I prefer Pure Protein Vanilla Cream (140 cal, 25 pro) mixed with four ounces water and four ounces strawberry orange juice.
  • kaiteboo
    kaiteboo Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Quest bars are my favourite! They have tons of flavours, I LOVE the cinnamon roll one, chocolate peanut butter, and apple pie! Most of them have about 170 calories, 20 grams of protein, 17 grams of fiber, and pretty low carb
  • Julicat6
    Julicat6 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    It seems everyone has a different idea of what tastes great. If you do a forum search, I bet you can find pages and pages of recommendations.
    I prefer Pure Protein Vanilla Cream (140 cal, 25 pro) mixed with four ounces water and four ounces strawberry orange juice.

Same brand and flavor I like the best..also it's in my local Publix and is not expensive. I use it in my smoothies with fruit and almond milk. I mix with a little water and use it for a protein packed coffee creamer when I am not hungry or don't have time for B-fast. Its really smooth and creamy.
    Another one I like but costs more is Protein+ its all natural and sweetened with Stevia.
  • Sprmc47
    Sprmc47 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Thanks all, I appreciate your answers!
  • _Kitten_Kate
    _Kitten_Kate Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    UMP cookies and cream powder is great... like a oreo shake. low carb low sugar... 130 cals I think for one scoop.. 23 gm of protein. ?? can't remember exactly.
    I love supreme bars.. the pretzel one. 210 cals. low carb and sugar. Found them at walmart and GNC.
    Detour bars are good. low carb.... found at Costco.
    GNC has decent protein powder.

I am not a fan of Dymatize protein shake... just has a blah taste... and I tried all of them.