Eliminating belly fat?

Options
Hey guys,
I know you can't "target" certain areas, but I was just wondering if anyone has had success getting rid of belly fat. How did you do it?

I feel great about how I look now, except I just have a little bit of fat on my belly and lower back (sorry if that is gross! Lol, but it's true).

Do you think any certain diets help more? Exercises? I am running a bit and sometimes I do pop pilates. I'm hoping the pilates will help.

Replies

• KarenJulia62
    Options
    Join belly dancing! Firstly, its good ot have a little bit of belly to move around but also the dance moves you will learn will target that area. Plus its fun and the costumes are gorgeous!
  • enewsome2
    enewsome2 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Thanks. :) I might try it.
  • davidjohnb17
    davidjohnb17 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My friend has the same problem, she calls it her "blump" :P And too be honest I think she's gorgeous. A little bit of belly fat is a good thing IMO so I wouldn't get too hung up on it. I mean if you're uncomfortable with it then yeah belly dancing might be a good thing but judging from your pic you look great already :) Sorry if that sounded pervy :P
  • enewsome2
    Options
    My friend has the same problem, she calls it her "blump" :P And too be honest I think she's gorgeous. A little bit of belly fat is a good thing IMO so I wouldn't get too hung up on it. I mean if you're uncomfortable with it then yeah belly dancing might be a good thing but judging from your pic you look great already :) Sorry if that sounded pervy :P

Lol! "Blump"? I like it. Thanks for the compliment. I will take them anytime. Haha.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    lose more weight. you can't pick and choose where the fat comes off
  • Skinny_Jeans_Soon
    Skinny_Jeans_Soon Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    In my journey I have figured out that the only thing that works is consistency. Belly fat is going to come off when it wants to and I couldn't do anything to target it, trust me I tried. It was the last to come off. I noticed it disappearing the quickest when I was running 20+ miles a week and lifting 4 times a week. I lost 89 pounds total after having 3 kids, there is a belly pic in my profile pics.
  • tonightokayalright
    tonightokayalright Posts: 289 Member
    Options

^This. It's the last of my weight to lose really, and it's coming off slowly, but the more weight I lose the smaller the pudge gets.
  • enewsome2
    Options
    I guess that's fair enough. I will keep running and hopefully my last 5-10 lbs I want to lose will be in the belly! :)
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    if you want to rid your body of belly fat and get michelle obama arms and all those other things women wish for you have to get your body fat % down. you can lose all the weight in the world and still have a big stomach.

improve what you eat eliminate refined sugars and get you body fat % down and you will see your belly and love handles disappear...

all the other comments above that say just lose more weight blah blah blah are clueless...
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I guess that's fair enough. I will keep running and hopefully my last 5-10 lbs I want to lose will be in the belly! :)

there is no such thing as "spot training" or "spot reduction" so just erase that comment out of your head...

again if you want your belly to go away you have to reduce you % fat from where it is now to a lower level.
  • KarenJulia62
    Options
    you should find they celebrate shaply bodies. here's a good looking group! http://www.fanpop.com/spots/tribal-bellydance/images/29136465/title/bellydance-photo
  • tiffanysmummy
    Options
    I've found that an LCHF diet is great for targetting belly fat. This kind of diet removes grains and sugar from the diet, both of which seem to store fat around the belly.
  • jmeyer925
    jmeyer925 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    First off, you're a woman, so you're going to naturally have a little poof down there lol.

There are no easy tricks, obviously, but like others have said try to reduce sugars if you can. I have found the belly really is the last thing to go, even with incorporating ab workouts a good amount.

Just keep at it and be sensible!
  • litax
    litax Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    CLA's are supposed to help target that area. But I have not used them myself, maybe you could research more about them or ask here in the forums.
  • head_in_rainbows
    head_in_rainbows Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    What is CLA?
  • enewsome2
    Options
    What is CLA?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conjugated_linoleic_acid

A supplement of sorts.

Hmm.. I will look into that. Well, maybe at least just eating more eggs..

@jmeyer: That sounds like very good advice. I guess most women are like that. I'm just a perfectionist, I guess. I don't really let it bother me much, but I'd like to try to eliminate as much as I can.

I will try to incorporate more pilates and maybe weightlifting into my routine to reduce my BF%. Thanks all.
  • healthyandthin
    healthyandthin Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Remember, abs are made in the kitchen.
  • marybell82
    marybell82 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    80% diet ; 20% exercise... ive been going off of those guidelines and its been working for me. I heard that in order to get a sixpack or flat belly, its all about what you eat... you need to eat clean and the "blump" will start to get smaller. =)
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

^ This is correct.
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    In my journey I have figured out that the only thing that works is consistency. Belly fat is going to come off when it wants to and I couldn't do anything to target it, trust me I tried. It was the last to come off. I noticed it disappearing the quickest when I was running 20+ miles a week and lifting 4 times a week. I lost 89 pounds total after having 3 kids, there is a belly pic in my profile pics.

^Believe me, took a look at your profile pictures - you definitely shine! Great work on the abs.